Hi again,

I have a Vintage V100GT (goldtop les paul copy) and when I play the D string open, I get a buzzing noise coming from the bridge area. I've checked the nut to make sure everything was cut correctly, checked the saddles, but still nothing. Can anybody help me identify this buzzing? Thanks in advance. :-)
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

If you raise the bridge does it go away?

Does it only buzz when you play the D string open?

sounds like either the action is set too low, or theres a high spot on a fret...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
If you raise the bridge does it go away?

Does it only buzz when you play the D string open?

sounds like either the action is set too low, or theres a high spot on a fret...

It only happens when I play the D string open, no where else. I tried raising the action earlier and it was still there
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

is there a metal bar type wire thing that holds the intonation screws down...

i once had a buzzy problem with a les paul and it ended up being that buzzing about. i sorted it with blu-tack.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
is there a metal bar type wire thing that holds the intonation screws down...

i once had a buzzy problem with a les paul and it ended up being that buzzing about. i sorted it with blu-tack.

You mean the retainer wire? Give me two minutes, I'll try that
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

I tried the blu tac, didn't help I took the retainer wire off and I still get a buzz coming from the bridge! I think I'll upgrade to a better bridge
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

i have no other answers... sorry.

other than maybe blu-tac on the screws and not the wire...

other than THAT, no answers from me xD
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
i have no other answers... sorry.

other than maybe blu-tac on the screws and not the wire...

other than THAT, no answers from me xD

It's cool man, I've decided to send the guitar back to the shop I bought I from, can't really deal with the stress and hassle this guitar is causing me! I'll just stick with my trusty strat for the time being
Quote by Jason

Hehe.