I'm looking to downgrade my current equipment as I'm now living in an apartment.

So I'm looking for a nice small amp, maybe 30-50 watts. Something not too loud that it wont annoy the neighbors but something loud enough to practice & gig with .

Genre - Mainly post rock/metal, ISIS, cult of luna, mogwai, this will destroy you.

Also into periphery,BTBAM,sikth but not too pushed on getting the amp to mimic these styles on my budget.

Budget - 300 euro (400 USD).
why not by an attenuator? They are about the same price and you get to keep a nice amp.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
30-50 watts tube is not exactly a downgrade from a 100 watt amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You could take a look at those Roland Cube's...
They also have a compressor to make 'em 5W or something.
Doesn't the tsl00 have a button that lets it run at 25 watt??
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
I'm not looking to get a tube amp.

I've moved away from home where my current gear is located. So I don't have my amps in my new apartment.
If it's an apartment, and no gigging you wouldn't want more than like 1-5 watts. Though if it's tube then there aren't many that will get gainy enough without a pedal. If it's SS then have fun.

EDIT: Just saw post, forget what i said about tubes
Well for apartment ONLY, I'd look into getting something like Line 6 POD Farm with the interface. That's what I used throughout college with some nice speakers and I was very pleased.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Dom IG
Peavey VYPYR 30

This is a diecent cheap amp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Epiphonve valve special modded by acousticmirror XD.

No but really maybe a modeler will be good for you in your current situation.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Vypyr Tube 60.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by LaidBack
Well for apartment ONLY, I'd look into getting something like Line 6 POD Farm with the interface. That's what I used throughout college with some nice speakers and I was very pleased.

Not a bad idea. Maybe a pod studio or something, so I can record as well. Haven't heard great things about the pod studio though.

Know of any similar products that out of the box I can just plug my guitar into and record/play?
The UX1 or 2 interface. You can also use the POD Bean or HD series to record (I think). And with the HD series, you can go straight into the mixer for gigging.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
+1 for the Vypyr series, they all have headphone capability and metal tone
Quote by Dom IG
Peavey VYPYR 30

+1

Quote by mr_fruitbowl
Not a bad idea. Maybe a pod studio or something, so I can record as well. Haven't heard great things about the pod studio though.

Know of any similar products that out of the box I can just plug my guitar into and record/play?

You could get a M-Audio fast track and use it with Guitar Rig or Amplitube. Thats what I do if I dont want to drag my amp out.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Oct 23, 2011,