Hey guys. I'm currently looking for a effects unit to run through a power amp, into my avatar cab with v30's, but also has good sound to record with. Now, im simplifiying my current rig (6505+ head, avatar cab, pedalboard, rack, ect) for a all in one unit. In your opinion, whats some of the best ones to look into? To start, my budget is $1000, thus not justifiying a Axe FX But I know there is others that will get the job done. As of now, im looking into the Eleven Rack, and the digitech GSP1101. Now, ive used multi effects pedals (POD HD 500, Digitech RP500) and honestly didnt like the tone through a cab, but I want to give it another shot. Also, I mostly play hi-gain stuff such as djent tone, hardcore, ect. so prefferably, I want it to shine in that catagory. Also, id preffer it to be in rack form, rather than a floor proccesor. Any help would be great, thanks!
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
I play an semi-old G1X Zoom, and it works pretty good (though the wah simulation sucks).

Dave Mustaine just put out a signature multi though. Might be worth checking out.
Im suggesting that you buy effect-effect: not one multi, but a couple different based on what you best like (if you play metal- focus on distortion...)
BUT, I very like Line 6, Vox , and Korg multi effects
"I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed. "
B. B. King

Quote by slash_GNR666
I prefer to play with your mother

But I suppose guitar will have to do
Line 6 m13?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
if you dont need amp modeling then the line 6 m13 is a great stompbox modeler but out of experience amp modeling can be very useful and fun even if the tone isnt as good as the actual amp. another problem is that its a floor processor. otherwise, i havent really looked into more expensive ones, but my $200 zoom g3 works absolutely great, i love it and the tone is great for the price and its easy to use and has 120+ effects (including amp modeling). but you should never really need to go above $400-$500 though. but the axe fx is top notch, so seeing your budget its a shame you cant afford it, if youre wiling to go that high then it might be worth going a little higher so you can get the axe fx. im not sure how much it costs though so only if its max $1200.
Quote by yuvalg
Im suggesting that you buy effect-effect: not one multi, but a couple different based on what you best like (if you play metal- focus on distortion...)
BUT, I very like Line 6, Vox , and Korg multi effects

oh yeah, korg are great.
Line 6 POD HD500 - Poor man's AxeFx. I got one and havent looked back since, tis really great. Plus Chimp Spanner is doing video tutorials on getting decent proggy metally djenty whatever tones out of them and using the software its easy to get great sounding tones out of them.

Heres a link to a tutorial vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo1sVHDlZII&feature=channel_video_title
Last edited by mishax92 at Oct 23, 2011,
It sounds like he needs a preamp as well as an effects processor if he's running it into a power amp. I suggest getting a Marshall JMP-1 preamp and then finding a used Line 6 POD floor model.
Last edited by pinheadslts75 at Oct 23, 2011,
Avid Eleven Rack.

Alternately, Engl E530 preamp and an effects processor of choice.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
So wait, do you need amp models (premp), or not?

And what is your budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
http://www.tcelectronic.com/guitarrack.asp

those are just effects, and high-awesome-quality effects, I have 3 TC electronic Products and all of them are amazing quality...

In case that you need something more complex the G-System is a floor effects system with a detachable rack unit, so you have a floor unit to control it and the rack unit to have it more organized.

I don;t like the Line 6 HD series or any Digitech stuff but TC is top notch...
Is the only brand that I currently buy digital effects from.
I've seen used axe's go for around $1100....
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ive got TC nova sys and it sweet!!!