Anyone have any experiance with GuitarFetish's own GFS effects pedals ?
Last edited by kidthorazine at Oct 24, 2011,
nope, but they're rebadged (possibly lightly modified) biyangs.

IME, biyang's reliability is suspect. No idea if gfs suffers from the same problems, but i'd be wary.

on the cheap, tonerider and joyo are pretty good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah if you look at biyang pedals, they are identical. they are pretty much rebranded.

do they work and worth the 40-60? im sure they do/are. however, 40-60 for a pedal is quite cheap and i should have the highest expectations compared to boutique pedals.

i do haveto say the GFS tuner (not sure where that one is from...is it biyang?) is nice. i know this cause i own it. i dunno where it came from. f it is biyang, well then it is a solid pedal. its been rocking for about a year and works fine.

it is NOT as sutrdy as boss, EHX, Dunlop or other brands. but it certainly will not fall apart. and it unes well, even dropped tuning.

i do say i do not trust GFS/Biyang pedals to change my tone. ill buy a GFS tuner and it has prven itself. but for tonal changes, i have higher requirements.
I like my GFS delay. It'd be nice if it had tap tempo, but its sound is very warm and pleasing, and you can get the analog delay whirry noises (listen to the end of "Bixby Canyon Ridge" by DCFC if you don't know what I'm talking about) by turning the repeats way up, which is cool. The controls are easy to use as well. It's certainly worth the $60.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
oh im sayin they are probably worth their price, but thier price isnt very much.

im saying its probably great for a delay under 100....but goo delays are way over 100. i mean, anything under 200 for a delay is kinda well solid but normal. i mean a good analog of digital runs 150-180 like a mxr or a boss. good delays? some of the most expensive pedals made.

so for 60 yeah, probably a good littel box. is it great in terms of everything else on the market? im going to say no.

for example is my tuner as good as a poly tune? heck no. but it is accurate, seems fairly well built and is 40 bucks. i see no need to spend another 60. but yes, poly tune leaves it in the dust.
Last edited by ikey_ at Oct 23, 2011,
Quote by ikey_

it is NOT as sutrdy as boss, EHX, Dunlop or other brands. but it certainly will not fall apart. and it unes well, even dropped tuning.

i dunno, i mean mine (not the tuner) stopped working after about a week of light home use. In fact one was dodgy out of the box
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know about their pedulz but their pickups are great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I think their tuner pedal thats obviously a rip on the pitch black is a total steal.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Electronics-Digital-Tuner-single-Footpedal-Space-SUPER-BRIGHT_p_1084.html

No idea about anything else, but id be weary when you cant really try them. They might be secretly awesome though.
Quote by beckyjc
I think their tuner pedal thats obviously a rip on the pitch black is a total steal.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Electronics-Digital-Tuner-single-Footpedal-Space-SUPER-BRIGHT_p_1084.html

No idea about anything else, but id be weary when you cant really try them. They might be secretly awesome though.

We've teamed up with one of the world's leading designer and manufacturer of digital footpedals to come up with the GFT-90.

Maybe they teamed up with korg?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I asked their tech dept and they said they use biyang cases but the circuits are their own design.