It was my birthday last week and i got £300 thats about $450-500. so anyway, i want a les paul. im going to try some next week but first id like some advice from UG i play metal alot and also classic and hard rock. i also play a little bit of indie and punk music but yeah its usually other stuff. id prefer if the guitar had a sunburst paint job but im not bothered really, as long as it does the job. i looked at an epiphone les paul (http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=08072114191738)
my budget will stretch up about £30 max but no more, i still have strings, leads and stands to buy. just for extra interest my current electric guitar will be used for lower tunings like drop tuning down to b-g# so i wont really be tuning this new one down. if you have a good suggestion thats not a les paul then tell me, im open to other things too thank you!

*edit* id also like if there is a coil tap on it too! thanks!
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Last edited by leigh596 at Oct 23, 2011,
yeah thats a good shout, if your patient enough wait until they start popping up on ebay for like under 250, some idiots really believe they are going to go up in value

If not I know a shop blowing out some lovely Washburn Idols in your price range.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Epiphone Nighthawk?
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
I'm not sure how LTD's are priced in Europe, but you might be able to grab an LTD EC-401VF on ebay. I'd safely say that it's a way better guitar than that Epi.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you do play strictly more modern styles then LTD may be your best bet. If you don't mind buying second hand then you should be able to find a 400/401 series LTD EC within budget, just make sure you can try it out first to make sure it's still in good condition. Second hand MIJ Burny, Tokai or an Edwards guitar would also be good though it'll take some luck to find one for under £400.

If not then I honestly think Epiphone are a good choice, they get shit on a lot but they're really no worse than any other Asian-made LP copy and the good thing about Epiphoens is everywhere stocks them so it's easy to track down one which doesn't have any particular flaws and they keep their value better than other LP copies so if you do end up selling it on you won't lose so much on it.

Otherwise you're looking at your usual Tokai, Vintage, Burny. All the MIC ones, unless you luck out finding a second hand MIJ Tokai or Burny but usually those go for more around the £400-500 mark, if not substantially more for some Tokais.
I just ordered a Korean made LP copy from a company called "Agile".

I really like it so far. Better than the Epiphone Lp I had last year.
Last edited by beckyjc at Oct 24, 2011,
Second hand would get you better guitars obviously, but you you were planning on buying new, the Epiphone would be the best choice. Epiphone's get a lot of unfair criticism. They're excellent guitars if you replace the pickups. At least in my experience.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Get the Epi LP Standard. It's a bit more than £300 but it'd be really worth it. You'll know because it's not just a copy from another company because Epi is owned by Gibson who officially licences Les Pauls. Don't get the Epi studios or anything they'd be cheap and really not worth it. Go for the Standard I'd say, also try before you buy!
Quote by beckyjc
Pretty sure that Burny is actually either MIK or MIC. The new ones around seem to be MIK anyway.
Quote by beckyjc

i couldnt stretch as far as 400, but i like the antoria ibanez les paul what would you say is the best in there from those guitars?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Those are both shit.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb