WARNING: There is an audio delay, read the video info. Also I tried my best hope ya'll can respect that. Here it is --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K7IA41B7KU

C4C as always and any other feedback will be returned, thanks!

edit: I deleted the video. For some reason it was blocked in the USA and I personally didn't like it, I believe I could have done better. Sorry for the inconvenience :/
Last edited by Jgomez26 at Oct 23, 2011,
Thanks for telling me I'm just gonna delete it and upload a better version when I have the time
Checked out some of your other videos. Some criticism and hopefully some praise...

Playing over the top of the original songs makes it a little hard to hear what you're playing. The original guitarist just kind of covers you up. Although, on a couple of those songs, there was enough variation between you and real guitarist to tell who was playing very well and who was playing, well... not so well. In other words, you were a bit sloppy. I'd like to see you break away from the recordings for these videos. Impress us with YOUR chops and YOUR ability to play. Also, I was amused by the total lack of expression in your face during any of those recordings. Music is supposed to evoke emotion, whether happiness, sadness, stress, or whatever. Watch your favorite artists and check out the emotion on their faces as they play - it actually translates into their playing.

Some praise... I think you're on the right road. It's fairly obvious you haven't been playing all that long. Keep at it. Don't get discouraged. My comments aren't meant to ravage and break you down, but show you what needs work and where you can improve. Good job having the courage to record yourself and share it with us. Hopefully you will be rewarded for all your hard work and effort. Best of luck with the guitar and wherever it may lead you.

Edit: The text on your YouTube channel is quite difficult to read through that background. Either change the text color, or the background. You'll make it easier for your visitors to navigate your site.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Oct 23, 2011,
Quote by KG6_Steven
Checked out some of your other videos. Some criticism and hopefully some praise...

Playing over the top of the original songs makes it a little hard to hear what you're playing. The original guitarist just kind of covers you up. Although, on a couple of those songs, there was enough variation between you and real guitarist to tell who was playing very well and who was playing, well... not so well. In other words, you were a bit sloppy. I'd like to see you break away from the recordings for these videos. Impress us with YOUR chops and YOUR ability to play. Also, I was amused by the total lack of expression in your face during any of those recordings. Music is supposed to evoke emotion, whether happiness, sadness, stress, or whatever. Watch your favorite artists and check out the emotion on their faces as they play - it actually translates into their playing.

Some praise... I think you're on the right road. It's fairly obvious you haven't been playing all that long. Keep at it. Don't get discouraged. My comments aren't meant to ravage and break you down, but show you what needs work and where you can improve. Good job having the courage to record yourself and share it with us. Hopefully you will be rewarded for all your hard work and effort. Best of luck with the guitar and wherever it may lead you.

Edit: The text on your YouTube channel is quite difficult to read through that background. Either change the text color, or the background. You'll make it easier for your visitors to navigate your site.

Thanks, I really appreciate your comment, I couldnt ask more in one. I am experimenting with new ways of recording, and I just started using reaper and POD farm for recording so I'm still learning and, your right, I have only been playing for 2 1/2 years so I'm far from an experienced guitarist. With the emotion peace I always debate with myself because I feel if I show any I'll just look stupid lol, but now I'm starting not to care because it is my guitar playing that counts and if I'm limiting it by not showing any emotion then I'm not showing my full effort. But yeah all but the newest Under The Bridge cover wasn't done with any recording software it was just playing through an amp and my comp, so the sound dynamics from each weren't really at a necessary volume so there able to match each other. I hope all of this made sense and I didnt mean to rant, and I can't explain how helpful your comment was, because without comments like that, how would I get better Thanks

Juan