According to my budget i cannot afford a jackson US made guitar...Thoughi want a jackson but this guitar has only 22frets---http://www.bajaao.com/shop/5-guitars/3582-jackson-rr3-rhoads-pro-electric-guitar--free-flight-case

OR THIS???

http://www.bajaao.com/shop/5-guitars/6-electric-guitars/7177-esp-ltd-v-401-flying-v-electric-guitar-with-emg-8185-active-pic

Any other suggestions??
I want a guitar which will speak with me...i.e--a guitar good for playing thrash...And i prefer a flying V than the normal shaped guitars...
Last edited by samtaker at Oct 23, 2011,
I don't own a guitar from either brand, but when I have played them I preferred ESP. I think ESP will suit your thrash needs. What is your budget?
Depends on what you like. The Jackson has 22 frets, as you said, but it also has a Floyd Rose bridge, Seymour Duncan pickups, and a bolt-on neck.

The ESP has EMGs, a string thru body, and a set thru neck.

What is your budget?

And your current rig right now, a new guitar may not be what you want.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
we gots to know your budget and needs to help buddy. do you want a tremolo bridge or string through? neck through or bolt on? type of pickups? all of those types of things you have a preference for
An older dv8 if you can find one on ebay...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
The Jackson is most likely a better built guitar and uses better woods (It is MIJ, right?).

But the LTDs pickups are probably better suited to what you want. If you don't need 24 pickups, I'd go for the Jackson, then save up for different pickups if you feel the SD's aren't cutting it for you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i have owned two of each brand. jackson DKMGT, Jackson DXMG, LTD EC400, and an EC1000. i dont own any of them any more. all four of the guitars were pretty nice for a budget friendly guitar. i like that jackson has the compound radius fretboard, that is great for high fretwork if you are doing that.

the craftsmenship seemed better on the jacksons (none of the four guitars were bought new).

it really honestly comes down to the hardware and pickups and what you like visually.

so i say Jackson with a thin margin mainly due to the compound radius fretboard as odd as that may sound.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks everyone...But the jackson rr24 is way above my budget...Its 90k here...or around 1800$
My budget is around 1000$....
And i prefer emg pickups and a set-thru construction
Quote by Offworld92
The Jackson is most likely a better built guitar and uses better woods (It is MIJ, right?).

Just because it's MIJ doesn't make it a better guitar. Nor does it mean the woods are automatically better because of the side of the world it is on. QC can be as good as it wants to be anywhere in the world. I wouldn't care about where it was made as long as the guitar sounds good, plays well and does the job that it'd intended for.

Quote by Offworld92

But the LTDs pickups are probably better suited to what you want.

I wouldn't advise on somthing that's totally preference. They're both good guitars in their own right for what TS wants them for.

Quote by Offworld92

If you don't need 24 pickups, I'd go for the Jackson

Jackson it is.

My advice for TS: Play both of them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 24, 2011,
No, QC isn't country dependent. That said, find me an MIC guitar (like the LTD is) that is better in any way than an MIJ guitar (like the Jackson is). I'll wait.

He said he was playing thrash. A very large majority of thrash bands use EMG pickups.

You don't have to be pedantic over typos. We all knew what I meant.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You don't need to bite my head off. I'm just saying that no two guitars play sound or feel the same regardless of where they are made. You can have an amazing playing and sounding MIC guitar and an MIJ that's a complete dog. It all depends on QC, which like you said, is not country depenedant.

To answer your question.
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epiphone-marcus-henderson-apparition-electric-guitar-black--61524

Find me a Jackson of the same price brand new with specs like that.

In my experience, Duncans are great for thrash metal. They have plenty of output for that sort of thing.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 24, 2011,
I own a V-401 (from a couple of years ago, when they still had Floyds on them) and an RR5. I have to say, the RR5, while significantly more expensive, is not really all that much better than the LTD. They both have held up pretty well. I would say that the RR5 is really close in quality to the 600 series Laiho sig that I have. I have played a few of the LTD signature series, and would put any one of them up against the RR5 in terms of quality of build and parts used.

Something that you may not have considered, but would be in your price range and meet your specifications would be the Mike Spreitzer and Michael Paget LTD signatures. Both are the flying V shape and both have EMG pickups which are great for thrash.
Quote by samtaker
Thanks everyone...But the jackson rr24 is way above my budget...Its 90k here...or around 1800$
My budget is around 1000$....
And i prefer emg pickups and a set-thru construction

Then the ESP is the right choice, but before you do that, can you play them out at a store?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You don't need to bite my head off. I'm just saying that no two guitars play sound or feel the same regardless of where they are made. You can have an amazing playing and sounding MIC guitar and an MIJ that's a complete dog. It all depends on QC, which like you said, is not country depenedant.

To answer your question.
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epiphone-marcus-henderson-apparition-electric-guitar-black--61524

Find me a Jackson of the same price brand new with specs like that.

In my experience, Duncans are great for thrash metal. They have plenty of output for that sort of thing.

While I don't think the MIJ Jacksons are anything special, one factor can't be overlooked: production goes to China soley to lower costs. I'll agree that the Chinese have gotten better at building guitars, but they haven't caught up with Japan yet.