A student named David Merrill subjected mice to the music of a heavy metal band called Anthrax 24-hours a day to discover how it would affect their ability to learn new things, but instead of completing Merrill’s maze, the heavy metal mice all killed one another.

In a subsequent experiment in which the mice listened to heavy metal music for 10 hours each day, they did not become homicidal, but they did grow worse at solving the maze than they had been when they first encountered it (Schiller Institute, 17 February 1998). But research indicates that reactions to music are shaped by whether or not it is the genre of choice, and it's highly unlikely that if the mice had a musical preference at all, it would have been Anthrax.

Source: http://jennifercopley.suite101.com/psychology-of-heavy-metal-music-a53261
It's metal, what do you expect? It's a bad influence on people, take the Columbine shootings for example.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

More reasons why metal should be be banned.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Trowzaa
It's metal, what do you expect? It's a bad influence on people, take the Columbine shootings for example.

You also have to remember that they played evil videogames.
Quote by institutions
You also have to remember that they played evil videogames.

Plus that.

Convenient that it's impossible to find the study being referred to.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Loud, tense sounds are pretty much guaranteed to disorient mice, yeah. That's kind of obvious. So?

you're a stone fox
College students whose musical preferences are alternative, rock or heavy metal actually obtain higher IQ test scores on average, particularly on questions where abstraction is required (Walker & Kreiner, 2006).

Read more at Suite101: Psychology of Heavy Metal Music: Effects on Mood, Aggression, Suicide, Drug Use and Intelligence | Suite101.com http://jennifercopley.suite101.com/psychology-of-heavy-metal-music-a53261#ixzz1bdySDJHl

You didn't tell us everything now did you?

Also, this article is mangled. It's like heavy metal listeners are angrier, but the participants may not have liked that genre. People who listened to heavy metal were more hostile and sad, but it may not have been their preferred genre.

Damn, if I were forced to listen to pop/rap all day I would try and kill the other people around me forcing me to listen to it. In this case the mice didn't know where it was coming from so they went apeshit and killed their buds.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Just sayin', there's good rap out there. Take Atmosphere, for instance.

And that's all I have to say about that.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by Maillouxlp18
College students whose musical preferences are alternative, rock or heavy metal actually obtain higher IQ test scores on average, particularly on questions where abstraction is required (Walker & Kreiner, 2006).

Read more at Suite101: Psychology of Heavy Metal Music: Effects on Mood, Aggression, Suicide, Drug Use and Intelligence | Suite101.com http://jennifercopley.suite101.com/psychology-of-heavy-metal-music-a53261#ixzz1bdySDJHl

You didn't tell us everything now did you?

Also, this article is mangled. It's like heavy metal listeners are angrier, but the participants may not have liked that genre. People who listened to heavy metal were more hostile and sad, but it may not have been their preferred genre.

Damn, if I were forced to listen to pop/rap all day I would try and kill the other people around me forcing me to listen to it. In this case the mice didn't know where it was coming from so they went apeshit and killed their buds.

Also, animals have no perception of time so it felt as though the mice had been listening to the same song on repeat since they existed. If I had to listen to the same song repeatedly forever, I'd start killing mofo's too.
you're a stone fox
you play that kind of stuff to wild animals, what do you expect? higher IQ?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Anthrax suck anyway, they were mercy killings.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah exactly, 24 hours a day. How are they gonna sleep? Of course they're gonna go schizo.

Who the fvck would listen to any kind of music 10 hours a day, anyway?
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Anthrax suck anyway, they were mercy killings.

you're a stone fox
I heard a similiar study about this quite a few years ago. One subject of mice were subjected to classical music, one set to heavy metal, and one to a variety. The classical solved the maze in record timing, the variety type solved it in average time, and the subjects that were exposed to metal became hostile and killed each other.

I agree with saint78. This is just a study, animals percieve this differently. Humans on the other hand kill each other, music doesn't kill people, people do. I'm sure environmental factors play apart, IMO, music doesn't feed fuel to the fire.
Quote by Saint78
Also, animals have no perception of time

What? You can't have causality without a perception of time (this before that) and you can't have learning without causality, are you saying animals can't learn cause and effect?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)