If you put a pickup on one it would be just like a hollow body electric right?

And is there a pickup that you can use that you don't have to cut up on the guitar? Just an idea if there is
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
What about a bridge?
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Neck mount pickups and side mount pickups. Both use screws that would either go into the sides of the fretboard a bit (neck mount) or into the pickgaurd (side mount). But I could imagine a side mount pickup working near the bridge if the pickgaurd went down far enough. Also keep in mind you'll have to figure out how the rest of the circuit will mount.
What about one of those McCarty pickguard/pickup things? Where would a person get one of those?
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
How old?
What kind of guitar is it? (brand name and Model)

If your talking about a pickup for an accoustic to amplify the accoustic sound there are those kind of pickups that mount inside and the plug is on the bottom strap button, but you'd need some help getting that in there I'd suspect...

If you're talking about making it an electric, that would be difficult without making a few holes for controls (volume, tone knobs) but a P-90 Pickup mounts to the top of a guitar meaning that you don't have to cut a square hole in the top of the guitar, but you will have to drill holes for wires...

post some pictures of it, and I'm sure with the number of Luthiers building really beautiful guitars on this thread, they'll be able to offer suggestions...

My suggestion would be leave the accoustic alone and buy an electric.. JMHO
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Usually have plenny of room between the body and strings. Might be best to try PU by sticking it on with poster putty or summat. Once placement and suitability are determined, mebbe just super-glue it on? Realizing that bonding it better *may* hhve some effect on tone; but I doubt that the PU vibrating with the body has *that* much effect on the coils??
Find someone with a spare and try it