So, I've been seeing a lot of hate for the game by you guys because you're guitar gods. I understand that. However... My girlfriend caught a glimpse of it and we were talking about it at a party that evening and turns out pretty much everyone at the party was very interested in it after hearing about it. So we had a fried pick it up on his way to the party.

Needless to say about 15 of my friends went out to get the game or a guitar because of the game.

Stop being elitists. If it isn't your thing don't try to put everyone else down because of their interest in it. Some people need tools to help them learn. Nearly every single mber on here uses guitarpro. What? You don't have the dedication to learn everything by ear? Oh god. You use TABS!!???!!?? Same deal kids. All these different mediums are TOOLS TO HELP US LEARN.

Get off yor high horse. Wait... Maybe you're afraid someone who started playing guitar on rocksmith is going to pass you and outplay you? If you were at least half decent at LIFE you Would support any tool that would potentially help someone learn.
Quote by syntheticocean
TOOLS TO HELP US LEARN.

while i agree to an extent i also disagree to an extent.sure it might get a few posers interested in playing guitar but at the same time all these people will end up having horrible technique ect.surely only very few will actually give a **** about becoming an actual guitarist in the long term
Quote by Weaponxclaws
U mad bro?

It's not a tool, it's a game. There's a difference. That's like saying you play Madden to learn football or Call of Duty to learn to be a soldier.

But you do actually learn how to play guitar through this game. It even teaches you basic music theory.
It's like when Guitar Hero was popular! Some people like it, some people don't, let's not make a thousand threads a day on it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I, for one, am thinking about getting the game. I've been interested in it since it's announcement and I think it would be a good video game playing experience. It's the same way I feel for Guitar Hero. Sometimes I use video games to discover new bands and sometimes I just get bored.
Quote by Weaponxclaws
U mad bro?

It's not a tool, it's a game. There's a difference. That's like saying you play Madden to learn football or Call of Duty to learn to be a soldier.

Yeah? Tell that to Mavis Beacon who taught me to type 130wpm at 8 years old.

And yes. This NEEDED another thread because I found humor in pissing the elitists off some more.
Last edited by syntheticocean at Oct 23, 2011,
Guiz da fideo gamz r makin da kidds al play gutter n i dont look kool nemore for pleying :ccccc

GUIZ DA FIDEO GAMZ MAKE MUSIKSHUNS DEY R GUD I LUV DEM U R JUS IGNINT N DUM
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Oct 23, 2011,
Quote by crazy8rgood
Guiz da fideo gamz r makin da kidds al play gutter n i dont look kool nemore for pleying :ccccc

GUIZ DA FIDEO GAMZ MAKE MUSIKSHUNS DEY R GUD I LUV DEM U R JUS IGNINT N DUM

How long did it take you to type this?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
How long did it take you to type this?

Two hours for the rough draft, the final copy came along in about 30 minutes though, not a whole lot of editing. If it was for a grade I would've worked longer on it but since it's just a diagnostic I really couldn't care less.
Quote by syntheticocean
Welcome to the pit kid. We'll get you outta those huggies in no time. Here's a tissue for the tears.