I've had trouble galloping for quite some time now and I don't know how to get better, my right hand isn't as coordinated as my left because I'm left handed but I play right handed bass. Anyone know how to help me? Also are there any sweep bass exercises?
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
are you playing with a pick or with your fingers? because if you want to try sweeping on a bass with a pick its exactly the same as a guitar you just have to adjust the arpeggio, but if you use your fingers the technique is more similar to classical guitar planting, where each finger lands on the next string as the last string was plucked, as for galloping its either a matter of getting your fingers timed so one follows the other in a single movement, or if its with a pick you need to make your hand spasm in order to get it fast enough, i hope that helps, it might be a bit confusing
Fingers. Is there a better explanation, I'm kind of slow.
so to remove your speed limit on arpeggios with your fingers, you make the shape of the chord across the entire bass, and as you pluck the first string you set your finger down on the second string at the same time, then as you pluck the second string you set your finger down on the third string at the same time, and so on, as for gallops you can use three fingers and downstroke all of them in one motion to get the right timing, both techniques are relatively advanced and take alot of practice
Quote by Kilty Boxers
Fingers. Is there a better explanation, I'm kind of slow.

Seriously though, are you using the fingers on your right hand to pluck the strings, or a pick? Or is there something else about the word that is confusing?
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
I meant that I use fingers, but if he could explain how to use them when sweeping that would be better.
The greatest problem with learning to "sweep" or even "gallop" is that most of us try to play them up to speed from the get go. Get yourself a metronome (there's a shiteload on line) and start painfully slow. When you can do it 5 times successfully at a given speed, up to the tempo. It takes time and practice.
Isn't that the move Clefairy knew when you caught it on Pokemon? Jokes aside. Well what does a metronome do exactly?
OK... This guys comes out from under his bridge every week or two to ask some question then acts as dumb as possible to frustrate you.

Some of his previous actions
. filled his guitar with sand
. tore the frets out without any idea how
. When asked for more information he told us he was masturbating
. and now he talks about finger style, gets confused about fingers, and claims he has no idea what a metronome is...

Am I missing something or is he just a troll...
@askrere, I posted 1 slightly trollish sentence, chill out it was all in good fun. The rest is for real. Don't post anything if you have nothing to contribute. By the way if you continued reading that thread on the sandy bass you would know I never really did it.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
By the way if you continued reading that thread on the sandy bass you would know I never really did it.

Hence trolling?
Okay yeah that was quite some time ago though if you haven't noticed.
I don't really think trolls deserve real answers from people genuinely trying to help out other people.

Have you tried gluing your fingers together? I heard that Flea says it helps.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
I really don't see hiw that would help I wantt my figers to move at a. different time not all at once.