don't worry this isnt some stupid rant haha, i'm just wondering if anybody knows if Gretsch makes lefties! I know they make 1K $ plus ones, but i mean like, the $750 ones you know? Or anything sub $900 or so. or woul di have to Hendrix it and flip it? thanks!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
ive never seen a lefty gretsch

being lefty sucks sometimes i know

i was actually curious and i googled a bit theres a few of them on the internet left if you scroll down
http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=gratsch+left+handed#gcx=w&q=gratsch+left+handed&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=a5c7830d6919493f&biw=1024&bih=485
Last edited by supersac at Oct 24, 2011,
have you ever thought of just teaching yourself to play right handed?

it probably wouldn't take more than a year or two to adjust completely to it and to build up all of the finger strength and muscle memory and whatnot

having to pay more money just to get a mirrored version of a guitar is pretty crappy...

just a thought.
I know quite a few left handed people who play guitar right handed, and all except one are pretty excellent players. I digress,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gretsch-guitars-g5435lh-electromatic-pro-jet-left-handed-electric-guitar/h77205000001000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=989909797
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by rickyj

it probably wouldn't take more than a year or two to adjust completely to it and to build up all of the finger strength and muscle memory and whatnot

having to pay more money just to get a mirrored version of a guitar is pretty crappy...

just a thought.

i tried to learn right handed and it felt really akward and for the first couple months that i tried to learn i made no progress well very little progress i tried it the otehr say and it just seemed more natural and i felt more in control rigth of the bat i decided that being comfortable while playing in a limited choice of guitars is better than being uncomfortable with whatever guitar i get

it might be easier for some people but for me and maybe ts its not possible or comfortable
You COULD try a double cutaway

I'd still pay a luthier to set it up properly, install a lefty nut, move the pickguard, etc. I bet having a Bigsby on the "wrong" side may cause some trouble, but on the flipside you'd have a pretty "unique" instrument :p

Also, have you checked eBay?? Not for lefty Gretches, but for lefty guitars in general

Sometimes having limited options ain't that bad: a lot of right hand players don't even know where to start looking

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have no sympathy for lefties. You guys only gotta pay $99 for a SX Deimos but us righties have to pay $200 after shipping.

I know they are not Gretsch but agiles come in lefty. .
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitarleft.html
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Oct 24, 2011,
Indeed, Gretsch does make left-handed guitars:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
you think you have it hard now try being left handed in the late 70s and see the total lack of leftie guitars. when i started there really was no cheap lefties so i did thehendrix thing for about a year and a half using really shitty guitars. finally switched to rightie. yeah it was kinda weird for a while but in the end made my life much easier.
I'm a lefty that learned to play righty. I always thought I'd probably be a better guitar player if I had learned lefty, since the fingers on my right hand are far more nimble than the left... I just dread the idea of starting over lefty. Plus all my guitars are righty. Guess I'm just gonna play righty.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by rickyj

Have you ever spent a year or two playing guitar left handed? Or are you just assuming these things?
It annoys me when people always say "oh, just play right handed, it's easy, and you'll get a wider choice of guitars."
It doesn't work like this. Why don't you try playing guitar with your non-dominant hand for that long and then speak up. Then maybe you'll realise how stupid it is to suggest that.
Quote by minnis
Have you ever spent a year or two playing guitar left handed? Or are you just assuming these things?
It annoys me when people always say "oh, just play right handed, it's easy, and you'll get a wider choice of guitars."
It doesn't work like this. Why don't you try playing guitar with your non-dominant hand for that long and then speak up. Then maybe you'll realise how stupid it is to suggest that.

Quoted for truth. It's really annoying, especially coming from right handed players, given pretty much everything is catered to right handed people.
Quote by griffin888
Quoted for truth. It's really annoying, especially coming from right handed players, given pretty much everything is catered to right handed people.
Im a lefty who plays righty. It has always felt more natural to me, and I still dont really understand why its clear your less dominant hand should be the fretting hand.

That being said southpaws live in a right handed world. Aint it the truth.

Wanna hear something really weird? Ive been playing right guitar for 2+ years now and its coming along quite well, but I still play air guitar lefty when Im strollin around with the headphones on.`
he of tranquil mind
Quote by fishmike
Im a lefty who plays righty. It has always felt more natural to me, and I still dont really understand why its clear your less dominant hand should be the fretting hand.

That being said southpaws live in a right handed world. Aint it the truth.

Wanna hear something really weird? Ive been playing right guitar for 2+ years now and its coming along quite well, but I still play air guitar lefty when Im strollin around with the headphones on.`

I tried playing right handed when I first started, It never felt right so I stopped. I figured I could do it if I put more time in, but it's a hobby to me, so I didn't care to make things harder on myself.
yeah my dad tried to do that to me when i was starting out, but it just wouldnt work. even from when i was in gr5 when some kid taught me Smoke on the Water on a ukulele i held it upside down. it's funny becaus emy right hand is more accurate and nimble, but i cant pick for shizzit with it haha
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Quote by RealGuitarHero
I know quite a few left handed people who play guitar right handed, and all except one are pretty excellent players. I digress,

i am left handed and play right handed. that is thanks to the wise salesman who said a few things that eventually convinced me. one was that as you get better your dominant hand is better off on the fretboard due to the fact that it has more dextarity for more advanced fretting, the second was guitar selection/prices.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/