At home I have like 100 pages of printed out UG tabs, which I have accumulated over the past 2 years of songs I have wanted to learn. I have printed them out because I like them, but I have really only learned bits and pieces of them and I feel this has affected my playing. I want to improve this, but it is hard as ****. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could keep myself focused to actually learn songs full out without getting bored?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I suggest, you should start out with songs, that don't have for example a different riff every 10 seconds. Chose one easy song (I learnt "In the Shadows" by The Rasmus first) you like and then just play along to it. Then build up the level of the songs. First just learn songs you like in order to avoid getting bored.
I think I went too hard too quick. For the entire first year the only thing I played was Avenged. And I struggled like hell, and I got bored, but I tried the Misfits and thats pretty easy.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I'm in the same position, did exactly the same as you

I started off with Breaking the law - judas priest only like a 2 and half minute song and really easy, then moved onto for whom the bell tolls and some Nirvana like in bloom or something.
1. choose songs you REALLY love and that you would really like to learn.

From here on there can be 2 strategies that i use:

2. a. Start with learning the riffs (not how they go with the song, just the riffs)

3. Practice them with the metronome or the guitar pro tab. so that you can play them at full speed.

4. Combine them and play them in the order that is on the song

Second version

Take amazing slow downer (that's what i use) and isolate the riffs.

You play one part you STOP (use the end pt. button) so that it loops the song. After you can play that go even further in the song and so on until you reach the end.

I personally use the second version more simply because it helps you get used to the song and repeat both the riffs a well as the song structure.