Hey guys, I own a standard Fender Strat with factory single coil pickups, I'm looking to replace the bridge pickup with a humbucker. I mostly play from pop punk (Sum 41, Green Day) and punk rock to slightly heavier stuff (Funeral for a Friend).

Any recommendations as to what to get? Thanks in advance
Duncan Hot Rails. I can't recommend them highly enough. I've got them in two Strats and I love them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Look under your strat's pickguard. Chances are it's routed for HSH and will therefore accept a standard-sized humbucker, so you wouldn't have to rely on an sc-sized one. I've tried several sc-sized 'buckers from Duncan and wasn't satisfied most of the time.
The Dimarzio Super Distortion is a pretty good all-round pickup for rock music, imo.
What the duck said. If it's routed for HSH all you need to do is cut out the scratch plate to fit - or buy a HSS scratchplate. For punk the staple is some sort of PAF type pup. A Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates is a good one. Slightly hotter than a PAF but still retaining PAF-like qualities. It think that would be my choice for you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Not enough output for what you want.

There are plenty of single coil sized humbuckers available, there's really no advantage to replacing the pickguard and maybe routing the pickup cavity to add a full sized one unless the one you want doesn't come in a small size. Since you don't know what you want, you might as well just get a single coil sized one to start.

For that style of music, the JB Jr. is what I'd suggest. It's bright and has a lot of output which is great for pop punk. I really like the JB in strat bridges. The Duncan hot rails might not be a bad choice either, but it's not as bright.
Quote by chris_red
Okay, and are humbuckers in single coil sizes subject to feedback as much as normal single coil pickups?

Nope, Thats why their humbuckers.

They should be similar, tho not identical, to regular sized humbuckers.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
They aren't called humbuckers because they don't feed back, they are called humbuckers because they reduce hum from outside sources.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
What the duck said. If it's routed for HSH all you need to do is cut out the scratch plate to fit - or buy a HSS scratchplate. For punk the staple is some sort of PAF type pup. A Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates is a good one. Slightly hotter than a PAF but still retaining PAF-like qualities. It think that would be my choice for you.

+1
I have 2 teles one is loaded with a Duncan JBjr in the bridge. It sounds like a bright LP.
It can do just about any Rock/Punk/Hardcore you want.
I also have a tele that is loaded with GFS Lil' Puncher Hot Lead set ( Duncan hot rails clone). This works well for Punk/Metal/Hardcore
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate