I ran a search and didn't find anything, so I apologize if this is a duplicate...

I've got an old "Kit" guitar banging around the house... A "Saga" kit I believe... It plays great, but you can imagine that the electronics are about as cheap as they could find and still call it an "Electric" guitar... Body's made of Ash, with a Strat style maple neck with a rosewood fret board.. Nothing spectacular or to write home about, but I was thinking it could be a neat project to "mess around with"...

so, I've been thinking of doing something kind of unique with it, and was wondering if anyone else had tried putting P-90's in one. If so, was it a disaster? or did it sound pretty cool... Not sure how I want to wire it up yet, but I'm thinking that I would like to try a three pickup configuration.. haven't measured anything yet.. just bouncing around Ideas...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Do it (even though, in reality, you're replacing a single-coil with another single-coil).

P-90s are the best pickups of all time.

Too bad your guitar didn't have a humbucker in the bridge, because they make P-90s that fit into that hole.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Do it (even though, in reality, you're replacing a single-coil with another single-coil).

P-90s are the best pickups of all time.

Yea.. I realize that.. but P-90's don't sound anything like strat pickups.. well, atleast they don't in anything else I've heard them mounted in..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by blaaargh
Post pics/clips when you're done prz.

definately the plan..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
but P-90's don't sound anything like strat pickups

Never said they did.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Oh man, I've wanted to do this for a long time, but never actually owned a strat or had the money to do this. Please do it, and post pics/report back on how well it works. I love the P90 clones in my old Harmony, they're by a long shot the most beautiful sounding pups I've ever played. I'm seriously considering using them in a strat build this summer. I suppose the pickguard would have to be custom though?
http://www.warmoth.com/pickguard/StratPickguard.aspx

There's your pickguard for $25. I bet a strat with 3 P90s would sound awesome! A little routing would probably have to be done on the body, but nothing too fancy and the pickguard will cover it.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"