If you haven't read or seen the movie then you can move on.
I have to do an analysis of the book/movie by finding a main theme then proving it using 3 literary terms.

the theme is "Humans are just another step in the evolutionary process"

I have symmetry and metaphor but i cant figure a third one out any help ? :S

(symmetry: the apes find the monolith and figure out how to use objects as tools and leads to the evolution from apes to cavemen/humans, at the end david finds the monolith and evolves into the star child)
(Metaphor: the ship is in the shape of a sperm and as soon it reaches jupiter david gets turned into the starchild, so the whole mission is like a metaphor that as humans will take their first steps into the universe theyll evolve and achieve a greater sense of something lol.)
allegory? juxtaposition? setting? polysemic[ity?]/ambiguity? verisimilitude?

oh ****, just talk about symbolism. everything is a symbol.

tbh, with a film like that, its very easy to bullshit a really good answer (unless youre doing the book, cant say, havent read it).
call me ziggy.
I was kinda shocked the first time I saw it. I settled down for a scifi movie, but it started with a black screen for 5 minutes and then there were monkeys. Mind****.

Very decent movie though. Some parts were kinda boring, but you get that with old movies.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by earthisearthis
allegory? juxtaposition? setting? polysemic[ity?]/ambiguity? verisimilitude?

oh ****, just talk about symbolism. everything is a symbol.

tbh, with a film like that, its very easy to bullshit a really good answer (unless youre doing the book, cant say, havent read it).

Yeah, but tie it in with the main theme, I cant think of anything of anything that would symbolize that humans are but another step in the evolutionary process.

I was thinking Hal9000 butIi just cant put it together.
Last edited by Brendan.Pivin at Oct 24, 2011,