Why has so many people learnt that aeroplane song by the Plain White T's...it doesn't sound good at all and to think people are deciding to learn that instead of great songs like Stairway To Heaven, Nothing Else Matters and Hotel California
Anyway, ramble over that song sucks...
I didn't realise Stairway was popular with guitarists?
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.

Why do you care what everybody else is playing, TS? It's not like they're forcing you to listen to it.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by JammyP 93
people are deciding to learn that instead of great songs like Stairway To Heaven, Nothing Else Matters and Hotel California

I love how you picked some of the most overplayed, overrated and uninteresting songs that new guitarists always learn. Well done.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
i actually used to be a fan of plain white ts. havent listend to their new stuff now that their going mainstream and don't really care to, but i do agree with you there are far more better songs in the world guitar wise...
Because that's what's popular right now? Stairway ain't gunna be popular forever you know. And, that particular song has gone right down because the tabs are blocked. As soon as they're unblocked, it'll end up at the top again.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I've just started meeting a lot more guitarists now I'm at Music College... for.. pretty obvious reasons...
But the one thing I've noticed is the majority of them play soppy songs like the ones in the top 100. The ones that are popular, either to go busking.. or to get laid.

I'm sat there playing White Stripes Red Fang Devin ect and the girls don't know what the hell it is.
Metal/Rock gets you metal and rock chicks. Which are unfortuantly the minority of bimbos.
Quote by DoGaLoG
I love how you picked some of the most overplayed, overrated and uninteresting songs that new guitarists always learn. Well done.

I thought he was joking at first but I guess he's talking about other songs high up on the list.
REGGIE
Stairway to Heaven is really not that great a song.
Nothing Else matters is alright, hardly need tabs to learn it though.
Hotel California...yeh, pretty mediocre too. Not bad, but hardly the best song ever written.
I still don't get the hype behind Hotel California
It seems like the song is only massively famous because of the rumours surrounding it.

Some people in my course played some renaissance/galliard (can't quite remember the era) pieces on their guitar. Listening to that music is quite weird, it's like nostalgia for something that you weren't around for.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Why has so many people learnt that Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin...it doesn't sound good at all and to think people are deciding to learn that instead of great songs like Horizon to Zenith, Selkies: The Endless Obession, and Turn Soonest to the Sea
Anyway, ramble over that song sucks...
Check out my band Disturbed
Originally Posted by Crazyedd123
I still don't get the hype behind Hotel California
Better off with some King Crimson methinks?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Better off with some King Crimson methinks?

It seems that cover has become somewhat of a meme.
REGGIE
Originally Posted by LeakyFlask
It seems that cover has become somewhat of a meme.
Oh really?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by JammyP 93
great songs like Stairway To Heaven, Nothing Else Matters and Hotel California

OH STOP, YOU'RE KILLING ME
Wait, wait, wait. Popular songs that feature guitar are the most popular songs on a tab website? WHATISTHISSHIT!?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Zoot Allures
Why is Grinderman nowhere to be seen on the list is the real question.

Because they suck.
Check out my band Disturbed
Honestly, this has semi-bothered me. I remember when I started the top songs where the usual ( Metallica / Zeppelin / Sabbath / Guns etc ) and now it....is how it is. I guess it says a lot about the next generation of people picking up guitars?
Meh, I don't really care unless it's songs that aren't even originally played on guitar (ie Justin Beiber crap)
ggg1 ggg3