I just ordered a Orange TH30 head and cab blind.

Just seemed like the right amp for me after watching all the demos.

I had an Egnater rebel 30 for a while, but it just wasn't doing it for me.

Just wondering how you all like yours.

Thanks
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
I tried one extensively in the store, and wasn't to impressed. you could almost get the tone you want, but the lack of any independent EQ kinda turned me off. And the fact that they want $1200 for a made in China amp, because it says Orange on it.

I think that if your doing rock/hard-rock you'll be fine, but don't be suprised if you need to buy an EQ pedal to help out your sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i loved it. get it when you love it...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Robbgnarly
I tried one extensively in the store, and wasn't to impressed. you could almost get the tone you want, but the lack of any independent EQ kinda turned me off. And the fact that they want $1200 for a made in China amp, because it says Orange on it.

I think that if your doing rock/hard-rock you'll be fine, but don't be suprised if you need to buy an EQ pedal to help out your sound.

Thanks.
I do use an EQ pedal in my setup, always have.
Quote by TornUp
Thanks.
I do use an EQ pedal in my setup, always have.

You should be fine then.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you get an EQ, it's pretty versatile.
Lovely cleans, a little bit noisy with the gain past 3 'o clock, but that amount of gain is unnecessary.
Mine is broken though, had to send it back to the importing company or something, it's been 2 weeks now
Also: join the TH30 group

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
I love mine, had it for three weeks or so now, although this is my first valve amp so I may be a little biased. The cleans blew me away when I first tried it, that's where I noticed the main difference over solid state/cheap amps, bearing in mind this is on my EMG equipped LTD EC-1000, so I must imagine they'd be even better on some single coiled equipped Strat and the like.
I haven't found the need for an EQ pedal yet but seeing as you've got one already anyway that's not a problem, it does hum a bit if the gain is really cranked, but it's not really necessary anyway to have it dialled that high.
I hope you enjoy your's as much as I do mine and I didn't even bother getting an Orange cab so you should hopefully be even more pleased.
Woulda been smarter to ask before ordering, y'know?

Anyway. Friend of mine owns one, so I get to play it when I want and hear it all the time when we jam. It's nice. Good rock-tones. Some good sludge in there, too. Modern hi-gain, not so much. I didn't like the low-gain tones at first, but they've grown on me, and now I really enjoy them.
The lack of a "proper" EQ is a dealbreaker for me, it does limit the amp's versatility and you have to make tonal compromises if you want the amp to cut through in a mix. The other guitar-amp in the room routinely burries the TH unless we're careful.

All in all, nice amp. Not my first choice, but far from being my last. It's certainly very likeable and a lot of players will dig it.
Quote by TheQuailman
Woulda been smarter to ask before ordering, y'know?

I hear ya.
I was at the 30 day mark with an Eganter that I really tried to get to love. So I was just able to return it for full credit as long as I purchased something the same price or better.
So I was in kind of a hurry. I did do a lot of research on amps that were in my price range.
Quote by Bauwke
If you get an EQ, it's pretty versatile.
Lovely cleans, a little bit noisy with the gain past 3 'o clock, but that amount of gain is unnecessary.
Mine is broken though, had to send it back to the importing company or something, it's been 2 weeks now
Also: join the TH30 group

where is the TH30 group?
Couldn't find a thread