I have a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier amp head. Recently while playing my amp started buzzing uncontrollably and then shut off. It blew the fuse, but when I replaced it and turned it back on I couldn't get any sound out of it. The power works fine, but I can't figure out why I can't get any sound. Any suggestions?
Did you use the same type of fuse, not just the same Amp fuse? Most amps use a Slo-blow fuse.

You may need to take it to a tech to get it sorted out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If the fuse doesn't blow instantly(which it sounds like it didn't) it probably fried some little piece on the circut board. I had this happen to my old Peavey Classic 50. I threw in a fuse that blows faster.
If your amp does that, makes a bad noise, blows a fuse, and then quits making sound - then chances are you need to take it to a tech as mentioned. The fuse blew because something is wrong, not because it was faulty itself.
could just be a power tube shorted and blew the fuse with it, or a $2 resistor fried. A tech will be able to tell you for sure. Probably not a major issue.

My mark IV blew the fuse a while back. popped a new one in, replaced the power tubes, good as new. a friend of mine has a tube tester, and one of them was shorted. It happens.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Mesa uses 3 amp slo-blow fuses. A normal 3a fuse could blow from the initial surge when you power the amp on. Radio shack sells them in packs of 3 IIRC.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Oct 24, 2011,