Page 1 of 2
Which genre do you just HATE!?
For me it's pop (and most everyone else on here).
This is when UG gets ugly right here.
I cant say I hate any one genre (except MAYBE rap and hip hop), But I do hate music that is written just for monetary gain (So like shitty pop stuff written for no reason other than money. but not just pop, theres stuff like that in every genre).
Something somewhere between Polka music and Yodeling.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Any music where the lyrics are in a language that I can't understand.
I don't enjoy the music at Mexican restaurants because I can't understand it.
Any kind of mainstream pop people pull out of their asses for money and call music. For me, music is made with instruments, NOT computers.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by GunsNSnakepits
Any kind of mainstream pop people pull out of their asses for money and call music. For me, music is made with instruments, NOT computers.

Despite my huge hatred for techno, I have to disagree with you there bub. Music is music no matter what its made of. These bullshit "music is sacred in this way" (for example music is art and belongs to everyone so I should be able to steal it) are just a bunch of artificial delusions that are full of crap.
Quote by GunsNSnakepits

This.

And reggae. It's been around forever and there's still only one song.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I hate rap and pop and hip hop, but I also hate most brutal death metal and deathcore/grindcore. There are so many talentless Schmoos that populate those genres it's not even funny. They don't even try.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Despite my huge hatred for techno, I have to disagree with you there bub. Music is music no matter what its made of. These bullshit "music is sacred in this way" (for example music is art and belongs to everyone so I should be able to steal it) are just a bunch of artificial delusions that are full of crap.

Yup, this.
Writing off an entire genre of music seems a bit hasty to me, however if I had to choose it'd be the bands who take it upon themselves to invent a new one for the music only they play.
I can appreciate something out of pretty much every genre except the ones where you push the gain to 10, play as fast as you can and yell lyrics that are vulgar for the sake of being vulgar
Screamo, emo, rap, and pop/hiphop.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I don't like...
Alt-rock,
Melodeath,
Deathcore(hell, just about anything with "-core as a suffix"),
"Technical" metal,
Modern "progressive metal"(as in Protest The Hero, BTBAM, Dream Theater, that stuff. Not to say I don't like prog, I like King Crimson, I like Rush, and I LOVE Savatage if they're prog because apparently they are),
All that "post-" stuff,
Any punk to have come out after the 70s except Discharge,
Techno,
Eminem(I can tolerate other rappers because I had the misfortune of hearing a lot of it as a child, but Eminem's just such a whiny-sounding, immature little...UGH. I want to strangle him.),
Frank Zappa,
Indie and
I'm not big on a lot of the bigger thrash metal bands(Exodus, Overkill and Death Angel in particular, Exodus had some nice riffs like Piranha and Metal Command but...the vocalists in a lot of these bands, particularly Exodus, are just horrid. Sounds like a pig stuck in a meat grinder or some shit to me).

And I never liked Pearl Jam either, I can tolerate them but Eddie Vedder's voice grates me. Call me an elitist. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by witideable
Writing off an entire genre of music seems a bit hasty to me, however if I had to choose it'd be the bands who take it upon themselves to invent a new one for the music only they play.

Those aren't really genres. They're labels.
I think Sturgeon's Law works well for music: "90% of everything is crap". Just replace "crap" with "for fans of that genre only" and you're all set.
Quote by witideable

Sure, I mean, why be innovative?
foreign music (apart from rammstein who i don't mind) i don't like not being able to understand the music either lyrically or culturally/historically, i would say pop or computer music but sometimes i do hear something that i don't mind.
TS hates pop music, he's so edgy and cool and a total individual.

i don't hate any genres as a whole. that's a silly thing to do.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Cold Reader
Sure, I mean, why be innovative?

There's innovative and then there's attention seeking 'envelope pushers' that simultaneously feel the need to label themselves, yet don't feel any of these labels are quite good enough for them. Genres are already bullshit because it intentionally narrows the scope of music an artist or band is 'allowed' to make (thus inherently limiting the previously mentioned innovation). However, the case is doubly so when said artist or band creates their own 900-syllable genre that they never dare stray from, lest they lose the fan-base they cultivated.
If it doesn't have instruments or if it uses a lot of auto-tune, in a distasteful way, I will hate on it.

If the people making the music obviously should not be making music, such as screaming like a retard and slamming on the guitar (not like actual good metal), I will hate on it.

I like all types of music, because there is always an artist or group that shines above the rest.
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
In my own opinion, music occurs as naturally as rain. So really what I despise is deliberate sound. Music is not society's toy, it is humanity's lesson in humility. The value of unison over individual pride.
Quote by wafflesyrup
In my own opinion, music occurs as naturally as rain. So really what I despise is deliberate sound. Music is not society's toy, it is humanity's lesson in humility. The value of unison over individual pride.

I hate bad music. I also hate mediocre music. Good, great, and excellent music I like. Why doesn't everybody just make excellent music? I've often wondered that...
Rap
Screamo
Bubblegum pop
Whatever "artists" like Bjork are.

Not crazy about Death Metal, just because I can't stand the vocals.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
I don't hate any genre of music but I hate all of the music most of the people posting in this thread enjoy.
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Oct 29, 2011,
Page 1 of 2