Page 1 of 2
hey guys.....my brother has had a brain tumor for over a year and a half. Recently it came back and spread and he has less than a few weeks left. I need support....I'm so depressed and he's so out of it he doesn't know he's gunna die. I don't know what to do with myself...i see pictures of him in my house and breakdown he's only 14. I don't know what i'm gunna do....has anyone been through this, pat
Really sorry to hear that, man
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sorry to hear that Pat. be strong for him bro
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I can't even imagine what that's like, but at least you've got some time to share with him what you want to. I know too many teenagers that have lost friends in an instant without ever telling them how much they care, so make the most of it.
I don't know what to say.

Just know that if you ever need somebody to talk to, UG has a bunch of people that can be a really good shoulder to lean on if ever things get too much for you.

Try and keep your head up, even though the circumstances make that something really hard to do, you just have to. Remember the good times and cherish them, they'll be around forever.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family man. Hang tough.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Shit man, I'm sorry to hear that. Just try keep occupied and busy. Take your mind off it.
Wow man, really sorry to hear that, but you gotta stay strong man.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Sucks man, I've had two aunts that have died from cancer and third one recovering from it. I was sad and I barely knew them.
you're a stone fox
Hey, Pat. I'm very sorry to hear of the condition of your brother.

A few years ago, I lost my father to cancer. In the days leading up the event, my family went through some very tough times--it seemed surreal, like it couldn't possibly be happening. My family came together as a whole, even though my parents had been divorced.

In the end, we are always saddened by the untimely passing of a loved one. But with family, friends and time, one will only be able to see the positive that was bred from that person's life.

I wish the best for you, your family and your brother. Hang in there.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I could not imagine going through something like this, and I'm sincerely sorry that it happened to you.

The best thing you can do is cherish your last moments with him.

You can make it through this, and I hope you're alright, man.
I'm scared for you seeing as how you went to the pit for sympathy.

Not all of us are terrible people though.

Be strong man, if not for yourself, then for him.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Very sorry to hear that, losing a family member is always tough but to lose one that young and that close to you? I can't even imagine how that feels.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
I'm scared for you seeing as how you went to the pit for sympathy.

Not all of us are terrible people though.

Be strong man, if not for yourself, then for him.

It could be indicative that he doesn't have a strong social support network in real life which would not be bueno for someone going through something like this.

Anywho, you said that he doesn't know he's going to die? I assume this is because he's on some sort of medications? You should discuss with your family if you could see about getting him taken off the meds if he's not really coherent on them.
the same thing happened to my cousin she had a brain tumor. She passed away at the age of 7 only a few days before her birthday. I remember her family very sad but since they knew it was coming they had time to prepare for it. You can only take life as it comes and don't forget to think positively. My aunt started a foundation after she passed named after her. They help raise money for children with cancer. You can only try to make the best of the worst i guess I hope everything goes well maybe he will be cured.
I'm Bored.

tumblr
<- follow me
Really sorry to hear. I cant imagine how it must feel going through something like this.
I just want you to know that I'll be willing to talk about it if you ever feel the need to.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
All I can really say is that you should try to spend as much time with him as possible, and enjoy that time as much as you can. A lot of people aren't able to spend time with someone they love before they die, so make the most of the time you have left with him.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Spend all the time you can with him. I regret that I didnt spend more time with my mom when she was going to die. Just keep strong bro.

Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
stay productive and positive. There will be time for grieving and keep close to those around you. Your family and friends are the ones that can help you the most when things are bad. Take time for yourself though to take your mind off things with some productive work.

Learn a song while your at it. It helped me. It's very therapeutic.
Dude thats sucks, I'm so sorry

Keep strong man
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
My brother died over the summer, and I'm sorry to hear your brother won't make it. The best advice I can give you is to try to be there for your family, especially your mother. It's going to be every bit as hard for them.
I'm sorry to hear that, man. I've never been through this, so I can't really give advice, but I guess it would be a good idea to spend as much time with him as possible and tell him how much he means to you.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Sorry to hear it man. I wish there was some advice I could give but it's already been said, be there for your family and stay as positive as you can, your bro wouldn't want you to spend the rest of your life miserable. Best wishes.
I dont post much on here but it seems like on threads like these I do, if you ever want to message someone just to talk about anything I'm here for you.

All the best

Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Sorry for your inevitable (let's hope not) loss. I find running is the only thing which occupies me temporarily. Go ahead and run as far and as fast as you can and I'm not talking about on a treadmill. Run outside in the dead of night like I do and don't forget to wear flurescent clothing. I've been running 10Ks a day for a few months now and I haven't looked back
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Oct 24, 2011,
Poke your head into the hugging thread dude, there's some good people in there. Very helpful.
Aside from that, just keep your head up because you will get through it however hard it may seem. Just keep focused on the future, and keep yourself as occupied as you can so you don't sit and dwell, depressing yourself.
I'm sorry, I know how you feel. I've lost someone incredibly close in my life as well when they were far too young. The only advice I can give you is to be with him as much as possible, and to cherish the time you have left. Not a lot of people are fortunate enough to be in that situation, myself included, so make the best of it otherwise you'll regret it.

I'm truly sorry, I know how hard things are. I don't really know what to say that will be any comfort, since I find it impossible to find any comfort in my own situation, but just know that you aren't alone. Don't keep how you're feeling to yourself. Open up to your close friends and family. They care about you and they'll want to be there for you. Don't shun them and keep everything bottled up like I did, it'll eat you alive.
I came in here to post a sarcastic comment...

... But then I read the OP and got sad. My grandpa passed about a year ago, and I'm still not really over it. I know what it feels like to have someone pass away and be so out of it that they don't even realize, but... I can't imagine what it feels like to have someone so close go...

As inhuman as it may sound, the pain right now is good... And hopefully it gives way to all the good memories you've had in time.
Not sure what to say... because I can't even imagine what it might feel like to be stuck in your situation.

So an e-hug will have to suffice. Just keep on moving forward, man; you can get through this.
I'm really sorry to hear that.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2