So I left my Mesa Rectoverb at home when I headed off for college, and needless to say the Squier SP-10 I have in place is....veeeerrrryyyy lacking. Thus I'd like to have an amp that isn't too expensive, but handles a bit of everything nicely. Budget goes up to $300, and I'm willing to buy used. I was thinking about a used Roland Jazz Chorus since they go for about that price, and I wouldn't mind having a "clean" amp so to speak. Any suggestions?
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
The Roland Jazz Chorus is nice though it can be too clean.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
get a used pod 2.0.

run it through the sp10 when you actually want non-headphone volume.

just a thought.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Defiantly get a Multi-Effects of some kind and headphones. It will sound much better then an amp at the price. I have learned this through my own experience. Pod HD300's go on ebay for about $269 (new IIRC) and would make a good option. Then just pick up a pair of headphones, not ear buds, and it would be a solid setup.
A Digitech rp355 or zoom g3 with headphones or a monitor would be something you could look at.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Ghold125
Defiantly get a Multi-Effects of some kind and headphones. It will sound much better then an amp at the price. I have learned this through my own experience. Pod HD300's go on ebay for about $269 (new IIRC) and would make a good option. Then just pick up a pair of headphones, not ear buds, and it would be a solid setup.

THIS.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
pod 2.0 beans cost like $50-60 and are worth the money imo.

i mean, go big if you want to but you don't need to.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
In dorms (most of the time) people complain if you have a guitar and an amp, period. Doesn't matter if it's quieter than TV's, people talking, music playing, etc. Get a good multi-effect and some headphones. Line 6 POD's are the way to go, IMO.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by gregs1020
pod 2.0 beans cost like $50-60 and are worth the money imo.

i mean, go big if you want to but you don't need to.

This. Dorm life can be rough. Like mentioned before, if someone even THINKS you have an amp, they will be blaming you for noise complaints. Even if it isn't you. Also, dorm life can be rough on gear. Keep it small, compact and easily hidden, and you're good to go.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I used a Vypyr in the dorm, it had all the modeling abilities of a pod, but you can also turn it up and let everyone know you're home. Also, you can play it without headphones at whisper volumes and it sounds pretty much the same. The headphone plugin is a lifesaver.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Blackstar HT-1, looks like an amp, sounds like an amp, all tube, yet is quieter than a mouse wrapped in cotton xD and has a headphone socket
Quote by dominodom
Blackstar HT-1, looks like an amp, sounds like an amp, all tube, yet is quieter than a mouse wrapped in cotton xD and has a headphone socket

It's not all tube, it's a hybrid.
Quote by kutless999

Opening a can of worms now, are we?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Opening a can of worms now, are we?

I just wanted to point that out

Oh no, I understand. I'm just waiting for all the Blackstar fanbois to come in raging that it's all t00bz.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Oh no, I understand. I'm just waiting for all the Blackstar fanbois to come in raging that it's all t00bz.

Gotcha
I bought my peavey special 130 to the dorms when I was in univ. Never really a problem with it. We had 'loud' and 'quiet' hours. Personally, I'd want an amp and not just a POD. So I'd go with a vypyr. Let her loose when you can and wear the cans when you can't.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by kutless999

Lol, sorry I'm just going off one website
You do know those surface mount ICs probably have something to do with the EQ in that HT-1, unless its a digital preamp o.0 but for a one watt amp one of them tubes should be a preamp and the other a power amp. Thats a funky little goober.

I second, third or forth the idea of the POD, I used to use a POD XT Live and headphones for playing at bedroom levels, then like a retard I sold my POD took about a month to really miss it and now I wish I had it back.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
^It has diodes in the clipping path...not all the distortion comes from tubes.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals