Page 1 of 2
Sorry for stupid thread, but I would like to know..

It happened in June. I was frying something and I accidentally spilled hot as hell oil on my hand.
Instinctively I stuck it under cold water.

The day after I had awful looking blisters on my hand, so I went to the chemist, she gave me an ointment, and said to sterilize a needle with a lighter, pop the blister and apply the ointment.

I did just that.

Since then, I've had a big dark patch of skin on my hand, it looks like a comet.

I've been applying aloe vera for a while now, but it hasn't gone away.

So at this point, after all these months, I need to know: will it ever go on away? Does it need more time, or am I destined to having a comet on my hand?

Expecting stupid answers, but some help would also be nice.

TL;DR. Burnt hand with cooking oil, popped blisters with sterilized needle, applied ointment, started applying aloe vera when I finished ointment, burn mark still there. Will it ever go away?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
You're supposed to rub Icy Hot on it to make it go away... I don't think the lady you went to knew what she was talking about.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Why would you not want a scar?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
All scars fade and disappear with time.
My cat once gave me a big cut on my arm and it turned into a brownish looking scar. Now it's gone.
Last edited by Extra Ordinary at Oct 24, 2011,
Last May i touched a hot lawn mower muffeler by accident and i still have a dark scar on my wrist.
It ain't going nowhere.

SOL son.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Extra Ordinary

I have a scar on my elbow-ish area from falling off my friend's car (yes, I know) from 5 years ago, and it hasn't changed in size for at least 4. That shit's never going away.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I have a scar over my right eye because of an accident when i was 8. now I'm 19 and it's still there. didn't even fade a bit.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by lushacrous
I have a scar on my elbow-ish area from falling off my friend's car (yes, I know) from 5 years ago, and it hasn't changed in size for at least 4. That shit's never going away.

Depends on how big/deep the injury was. It might be less noticeable in 10 to 15 years.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Fap onto it.

I did this when my Mum got a burnt herself on a pan. Worked wonders.
You went to the chemist?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Depends on how big/deep the injury was. It might be less noticeable in 10 to 15 years.

I mean, I don't really care. Not a noticeable spot and it's a fun story to tell. Plus, it always makes my friend feel bad
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by element4433
You went to the chemist?

I had to go somewhere shortly afterwards, I didn't have time to set an appointment with the doctor, and I just wanted to know if I could burst those things or if I would have had to suck it.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
I had to go somewhere shortly afterwards, I didn't have time to set an appointment with the doctor, and I just wanted to know if I could burst those things or if I would have had to suck it.

In America, we call them pharmacists. Chemists here are, well, chemists. They specialize in chemistry.
Quote by GuitarGuyNack
Last May i touched a hot lawn mower muffeler by accident and i still have a dark scar on my wrist.

I did that on purpose but I was 3
Gear

Guitars: Dean ML ATF3000, Schecter C-1 Black Market Custom
Amp: Blackstar HT-5
Pedals: MXR 10-band EQ, EHX Metal Muff
blisters indicate a second degree burn, out of three possible degrees...well there is a forth degree burn but that either means you were burnt to a crisp or some real messed up accident happened and you burned off a limb or something and I literally mean charred and black otherwise known as dead.

A second degree burn will take some serious time to heal if it does ever this is burned below your epidermis and has messed up all the layers of your skin. I almost cut my finger off 13 years ago and the scar is as visible now as it was then, but be happy they are great conversation starters on dates, chicks dig scars, not sure why but its true.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
My mom spilled boiling fudge on my hand once and it burned my skin and scarred it. It lasted maybe a year or two but it eventually faded.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by captaincrunk
In America, we call them pharmacists. Chemists here are, well, chemists. They specialize in chemistry.
Ohhhhhhh

Seriously, what an adorable country.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
take it from someone who cook for a living, depends on how HOT the oil is and how long you were exposed to the heat..... i have a shit load of burns all over my arms, ppl think im a ****in junkie

but yeah you'll definately have some scarring.... if you ran cold water on teh burnn immediately then probabaly minimal scarring.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
I had my foot cut in half when I was born. Scar's still there, and always will be, but it's the color of my skin now. It will fade. I have a ton of scars on my feet, and they have all faded over the years.

Plus they look cool, so don't complain, comet-fag.
I have a nice circle burn on my forearm from a penny which was sat on a lit zippo for about half an hour, then it fell off and I put my arm down on it without looking.
Looks like a salami, and has done for 3 years, but it's fading. All my burns are fading, actual scars..not so much.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I have a nice circle burn on my forearm from a penny which was sat on a lit zippo for about half an hour, then it fell off and I put my arm down on it without looking.
Looks like a salami, and has done for 3 years, but it's fading. All my burns are fading, actual scars..not so much.

What? What lighter has over half an hour of burn time?
You could buy Maderma or some other scar removing ointment...I've had many fryer burns (worked in a restaurant for 4 years.)

Depending on the severity, it'll go away with maderma. Or just deal with it.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Scars show experience.

I'd love it if I had a glasgow smile then I'd definitely get that job at the pharmacy.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Lol, I actually thought that you asked if whether cooking oil could burn away scars...
Quote by Megadeth2011
I don't think the lady you went to knew what she was talking about.

This.

Might do, might not. Depends how thick the burn was and how well it healed. Wouldn't worry about it though unless it's causing you any discomfort.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by captaincrunk
What? What lighter has over half an hour of burn time?

You'd be surprised.

I've left a zippo burning for an hour before it went out. Flame gets pretty small though, and you can't pick it up for a while.
But Zippo's suck for lighting your bong, the lighter fluid flavor comes through it, not cool.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Extra Ordinary
My cat once gave me a big cut on my arm and it turned into a brownish looking scar. Now it's gone.

Quote by Dirge Humani
All scars eventually fade, but severe ones take a long ass time.

Not true. It depends on the seriousness of the injury and the type of scarring that depicts whether it will fade or not.

I have a scar that goes around my head, had it since I was 2 years old.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by ne14t
But Zippo's suck for lighting your bong, the lighter fluid flavor comes through it, not cool.

If you use a Zippo for a bong, you're an idiot.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I had a bit of hot oil splatter on my face once. Took about 2-3 months for the redness to disappear. Though if you look close you can still see it a bit after 2 years now.
I've got an inch long scar on my face from when I was four and I walked into a barbed wire fence. It hasn't changed in size or appearance as long as I can remember. Looks badass though so I don't mind
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I burnt my arm with some hot as **** oil as well once, the scarring at first was pretty bad and really noticable, but has since faded.
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
My Index finger had a run in with a circular saw earlier this year and I doubt that scar is going to go away any time soon. It looks cool though.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Page 1 of 2