Since I saw this beauty I'm like making up my mind for saving money for buying it. It costs over $3k . So do any of you guys have experience with THIS guitar? Or do any of you think I can get a better one for that price? I have played Strats and I love them, and this one made me feel strange since the first day I saw it (the same happened to me when I saw the Mesa Royal Atlantic and after considering my needs and the specs of that amp I ended up buying it), my question is if this guitar worths spending that amount of money, I mean, the guitar looks gorgeous (just the way I want but we all know that looks is not enough reason for spending that much money) I have a strat with a modern C profile and it feels sooo good in my hands, so easy to play, would this neck feel similar? It says it is long C profile but I'm not sure how different it is from the modern. I don't know, I need help with experiences with this and similar guitars. The thing is I live in Mexico, so there is no way I can try this guitar. Any thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions? Thank you... Comfort is my main concern.

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/index.php/custom-deluxe/view-product/2011_Custom_Deluxe_Stratocaster/

Close up: http://www.guitariste.com/img/articles/11-01/fender/custom%20shop/20110112-Fender%20Custom%20Shop%20Custom%20Deluxe%20Strat.jpg

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Oct 24, 2011,
Nice looking guitar, and in my experience with necks, a fatter neck is not uncomfortable or slower than a thin neck for me. The finish honestly decides it more for me. I also have big hands though so its not a problem, but i played on an old U neck and it was cool.
Play an American Deluxe Ash, same neck/nut width, a bit beefier C profile, but the fretboard is 9.5" vs. the Deluxe's compound radius, different frets, etc. And of course, it has more expensive parts (nut, tuners, PUs, etc.)

The only american stratocaster available here is the special one and the neck is the very same as my HW1 pal, but thanks anyway .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
that is a beautiful guitar, i have no doubt that if you save up for it you will have an incredible guitar that you can play for a lifetime.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
i have one of these in candy red but with a seymour duncan humbucker at the bridge. i tried out the SSS model as well but decided that the humbucker was worth the extra.

the neck is a bit 'fatter' than the standard C profile that i am used to. i must admit i was a bit unsure at first but now (after 4 weeks owning the guitar) i feel totally comfortable with it.

soundwise the clean tones are the best i have ever heard from a strat, on the drive channel (fender hotrod deluxe amp) the humbucker gives some amazing distorted sustain tones.

am i satisfied? you bet.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
i have one of these in candy red but with a seymour duncan humbucker at the bridge. i tried out the SSS model as well but decided that the humbucker was worth the extra.

the neck is a bit 'fatter' than the standard C profile that i am used to. i must admit i was a bit unsure at first but now (after 4 weeks owning the guitar) i feel totally comfortable with it.

soundwise the clean tones are the best i have ever heard from a strat, on the drive channel (fender hotrod deluxe amp) the humbucker gives some amazing distorted sustain tones.

am i satisfied? you bet.

Just what I thought, HSS so I can play anything on it. Do you have any experience with floating bridge on your guitar?

Thank you guys .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
Quote by Perverockstar69
Just what I thought, HSS so I can play anything on it. Do you have any experience with floating bridge on your guitar?

Thank you guys .

HSS =/= more versatility
Quote by JesusCrisp
HSS =/= more versatility

Really? I though your music palette where more vast with this pick up configuration

Maybe HSH or HHH with coil tapping is even more versatile, I believe, but that's too much for me xD

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
if your spending 3k+ on guitars/amps.

surely you can afford to fly up to america to try them

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Honestly, except for collector's value I see no point at all in spending 3K on a strat. You can build something with much finer components for 1/3rd of that price. You're really, really paying for the name and custom shop label when you buy these guitars.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by Tom 1.0
if your spending 3k+ on guitars/amps.

surely you can afford to fly up to america to try them

Not true, I save like a mad man or get loans for buying this stuff, plus I don't have an US visa (I'll get one eventually). I'll see if there is something similar over Mexico city to try.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
the irony in this thread is hilarious.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by CustomAxe
Honestly, except for collector's value I see no point at all in spending 3K on a strat. You can build something with much finer components for 1/3rd of that price. You're really, really paying for the name and custom shop label when you buy these guitars.

Is that all true? I mean, I see this guitars have better tone woods, finish and parts than the American Deluxe series, maybe Custom Shop Fenders could be overpriced though, I just don't know, that's precisely one of the things I'm trying to figure out with your help guys .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
Quote by CustomAxe

my custom deluxe is the third strat i've owned, the previous two were an american standard and a deluxe. the custom is by far the best in terms of tone, playability, and build quality.

maybe i did pay something for the custom shop stamp on the neckplate and back of the headstock but these guitars hold their value so i'm really not bothered.

- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
my custom deluxe is the third strat i've owned, the previous two were an american standard and a deluxe. the custom is by far the best in terms of tone, playability, and build quality.

maybe i did pay something for the custom shop stamp on the neckplate and back of the headstock but these guitars hold their value so i'm really not bothered.

Thank you it's the most beautiful strat I have seen in years, IMO of course.
Would you say it is versatile enough for rock, blues, stoner, latin and heavy metal as I suspect? I mean, I have a HW1 and it certainly manage really well some genres but obviously this is way more guitar than HW1...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
^ well, my music is rock and blues, it's certainly good for those genres. it's totally versatile in range from cleans to heavy distortion so i'd say it's good for all types of music.

one thing i will say is that cosmetically they vary very much, the birds eye maple neck is much better on some and the flame top is better on some. depends what you want really, i was lucky enough to get mine from a store where they had several models to try and examine. mine has a fairly light flame top but a very heavy birds eye maple pattern.

- Jimi Hendrix
I don't want the flame top though, I want the candy blue transparent finish , the very same on the picture; it just blew me away! Let's hope I get a nice heavy birds eye maple pattern just like you did; I'm crazy about that gorgeous looking neck too...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10
Quote by Perverockstar69
Since I saw this beauty I'm like making up my mind for saving money for buying it. It costs over $3k . So do any of you guys have experience with THIS guitar? Or do any of you think I can get a better one for that price? I have played Strats and I love them, and this one made me feel strange since the first day I saw it (the same happened to me when I saw the Mesa Royal Atlantic and after considering my needs and the specs of that amp I ended up buying it), my question is if this guitar worths spending that amount of money, I mean, the guitar looks gorgeous (just the way I want but we all know that looks is not enough reason for spending that much money) I have a strat with a modern C profile and it feels sooo good in my hands, so easy to play, would this neck feel similar? It says it is long C profile but I'm not sure how different it is from the modern. I don't know, I need help with experiences with this and similar guitars. The thing is I live in Mexico, so there is no way I can try this guitar. Any thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions? Thank you... Comfort is my main concern.

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/index.php/custom-deluxe/view-product/2011_Custom_Deluxe_Stratocaster/

Close up: http://www.guitariste.com/img/articles/11-01/fender/custom%20shop/20110112-Fender%20Custom%20Shop%20Custom%20Deluxe%20Strat.jpg

for that price, have the fender custom shop build you a strat. thats about how much it would cost.
Quote by 00_hns_00
for that price, have the fender custom shop build you a strat. thats about how much it would cost.

Really? :O

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Yamaha THR10