A guy sent me an email wanting to trade some Seymours for my EMGs. Its going to be quite some time before Im going to be able to get the BKPs I want so I want to trade for a JB/59 set for now. Anyway he says he bought these a couple years ago and doesn't know the models. Is there any ID markings on the bottom of the pickups or do I have to measure the DC resistance of each pickup to figure out what they are?

Thanks for the help.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Pfft. If your really into metal, I'd stick with your ec-1000 w/ 18v mod..

if you really need a guitar with passive pickups, buy a guitar with them stock..

I love my Schecter C-1 Classic, that you can normally find 300-500 on craigslist..
JB/Jazz.

plays metal perfectly, and I'm never going to go to actives again.
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Fender Hot Rod Tweed Deluxe
- Crybaby->EBVPJr->TU-2->TS9->OCD->NS-2->DD-20->DL4->RV-5
Every genuine SD had the model stamped underneath the pickup. So for a JB it should say SD SH-1 underneath it for example.

Get him to take photos of it and post them here.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Im not into metal. And why the **** would I get an inferior schecter for the pickups when I love the way my current guitar plays. The trade would be even too. I don't see your logic and you didn't provide any input on my actual question.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Eppicurt
Every genuine SD had the model stamped underneath the pickup. So for a JB it should say SD SH-1 underneath it for example.

Get him to take photos of it and post them here.

The JB is the SH4 but anyway thank you I wasn't sure if it would be stamped or not. The pickups are in his guitar so I will have to take them out to check. Its no problem he is only a few mins away and told me Im free to check I just needed to know how. Thank you kind sir.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Right, sorry got no clue what each one is individually. But yeah if you're trading them anyway, grab 'em out and double check.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Cool I plan to. He seemed like a really cool dude, if he gets me a beer or two I might install the EMGs for him just cause Im cool like that.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
EMGs are color coded. The color of the EMG engraved thing on the pickup cover will tell you.

Pretty sure:

Gold is 85
Blue is 60
Black is 81

Being that you have an EC1000, if its from the last 2-3 years it should have 81/60, but if its old, it will have the 81/85 combo.

EDIT: Didn't read clearly. Leaving this here for shits and giggles.

Yeah, HE would have to pull 'em out.
Where's Waldo?
Just be careful that he doesn't get you too drunk and you walk away with an invader and a dimebucker
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
^haha yeah I already have the emgs and want to go passive. Will be getting some BKP nailbombs in the future when I have the money. I don't care to pull them out for him cause I don't have shit else to do and would prefer to see for myself and I don't want him cutting the leads really short removing them to trade or something.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Eppicurt
Just be careful that he doesn't get you too drunk and you walk away with an invader and a dimebucker

I highly doubt I could intake enough alcohol in the time it would take to check to make such a bad judgement but Ill be carefull.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I bought the SD '59 in my Flying V brand new sealed in the package, it didn't have any markings on the bottom (besides the Seymour Duncan logo engraving) to say which model it was.

EDIT: Curiosity, what happened to your Blue Strat?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Oct 25, 2011,