I've been having abit of a problem with my low E. It sounds "heavier", for lack of a better word. It sounds muddier than the rest, it's just not as clean. It sticks out among the others when I play it. I had the same problem with my last guitar, so I'm guessing it has something to do with my playing style (I do tend to slam the strings). There isn't any buzz when I plug in, but there's a little when it's unplugged. Would raising the action or something fix this? Or something else?

Thanks in advance
What string gauge are you using? How fresh are the strings? What tuning are you using?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Depending on the scale length of your guitar, you might want to try some thicker strings for the lower side.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Pickup height is fine, and I'm not quite sure how changing to a heavier gauge string would get rid of the unwanted heavy sound

It's hard to explain, but the string sounds like it's looser, like it's tuned down more, despite it being in tune with the rest. I'll try to raise the action a little more and lower the pickups near the E anyway.