first of all, i commend you on the awesome recording, playing and general structure and composition of the song.
the melodies work very well and the drums (programmed right?) suit the song perfectly- i especially liked the small "breakdown" where it had a more ambient vibe to it, before it climaxed with the parkway drive-esque solo.
for the future, i suggest experimenting a bit more with your melodies and pick your notes in order to make your song sound original rather than "correct"- your whole song sounds like it came directly out of "scale-noodling", which, although sounds wonderful, it doesn't stand out amongst all the other metalcore/hardcore songs out there.

overall, well done. you have earned yourself a soundcloud follower . keep 'em coming.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28350579#post28350579
Great dude, reminds me of as i lay dying(in a positive way). The cool thing about it, was that the rythm was a little syncopated, and sounded rally good and original. You earned yourself yet another soundcloud follower!

Please leave a comment, telling me what you think of my prog metal composition:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488995
Good sound man, I could see maybe layering a guitar or two for some more intense harmonizing of the lines. As well, the section right before the solo the drums felt minutely off the guitar at times and i had some trouble trying to figure out where the accent was. Other than that it was a good technical piece with a cool solo.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Awesome song, definitely a good one to bang my head to. Very reminiscent of the good mid-2000's metalcore (Darkest Hour, ASILD, etc). Two only points for commenting in my opinion: it seemed like the guitars got out of time with the drums a little bit before the solo kicked in, and I would try a bit of a low pass filter EQ on the rhythm guitars to make them sound a little tighter and clearer in the mix. But keep up the good work!

Would you mind taking a listen to a clip of my first solo song? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490473
The song writing is pretty good. I liked the chorus!

You really need to work on the production though. The drums sound pretty awful and the guitars are a bit fizzy.
Quote by iron_maiden93
Good sound man, I could see maybe layering a guitar or two for some more intense harmonizing of the lines. As well, the section right before the solo the drums felt minutely off the guitar at times and i had some trouble trying to figure out where the accent was. Other than that it was a good technical piece with a cool solo.

Did you mean the first solo (has a funny tapping lick to begin with) or the one nearly the end? If you mean the first, it has a polyrythm 3:4.
thank you for all your time and genius comments it will be used for future songs
Thanks for the crit! This definitely has good production behind it, though a few things could use some work (drum sounds are obviously programmed, theres some fizz on the guitars). While I liked the feel it had to it, I didn't hear a whole lot that differentiated from other stuff of this style that I'm used to hearing. I do think this sort of song needs vocals though, a melody over top of the riffs would move the song along much better and prevent it from feeling repetitive.