Now, what made me relate to this video is I'm a photography student that is in Georgia and the photoournalist in this video is based out of Atlanta. People take photography so lightly that they don't think it can change another human's life in such a way. I was on Stumbleupon.com and one of my interests on the site is photography. I came across this video, and forgive me if it's been posted, but I felt it needed to be seen by everyone and not just posted in the photography thread. Now I know it's 24 minutes and 55 seconds long, but it is worth watching. So I hope you guys enjoy this.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/ASU0qc/www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/rick_smolan_tells_the_story_of_a_girl.html

In a nutshell:A photojournalist rescues girl from village and Korea and brings her to America after this girls Grandmother dies and puts in her will that this girl go to this photojournalist.

Their is a lot more to the video than what I just posted.
Last edited by Platinum Pro at Oct 25, 2011,
That's 24 minutes too long. Please summarise for us.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Damn, that's quite the story.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Having a child left to you in a will. What a great way to have a child without having sex.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by W4RP1G
Can't you just sum it up for me?

This

Shes fit.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
This thread is now 90's Nostalgia.

The song was released in 2000
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
The song was released in 2000

Holy crap. HOLY CRAP. Had you ever told me that I would, for some strange reason, continued thinking it was released in '98.

on topic : probably one of the most inspiring things I've watched recently. Really makes you feel that even if you don't have life figured out, if your heart has the right intentions that things will pan out....
Last edited by Nirvana_RATM2 at Oct 25, 2011,
Just watched it. I really like that sort of thing.

Is there a book of it or.. anything? I wouldnt mind a read
Whoops. My bad. I looked again and it seems the $40 one is the only option.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by W4RP1G
Can't you just sum it up for me?

Its just the life story of a korean girl that looks western.
As a kid her grandma who raised her dies and she gets adopted by an american family.

I enjoyed watching the vid
Thx op
Gear:
1991 Gibson Flying V
Roland Cube 20X
Here's a story for ya: a noisy fart just came out of my ass and now it smells like shit.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.