Hi all,

i've been thinking to build my own guitar for some time now.

But i havn't got the tools to build everything from scrap so i am now thinking about purchasing a guitar kit. I'd like to build a stratocaster model.

But i still have some questions about it:

What brand has a decent kit?
Where to buy them? (i'm from belgium, Europe)
Are they reliable?
Are they easy to put togeather? (i have no experience with electronics)

my budget is 150 - 200€ and i'm planning to buy some decent pick ups for the guitar if it's built.

So UG, what are your opinions?

Thanks in advance!
and sorry for the somewhat bad English
Drum drum drum away!
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Guitar-And-Bass-Kits_c_74.html There ya go man, its also the best place to replace the pickups and hardware for the kit, if you get a kit with a tune o matic I high suggest that you get the new GFS brass one as I have yet to hear a single person who has bought it say anything other than there sustain and tone was improved. And they ship world wide.
Quote by Darkdevil725
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Guitar-And-Bass-Kits_c_74.html There ya go man, its also the best place to replace the pickups and hardware for the kit, if you get a kit with a tune o matic I high suggest that you get the new GFS brass one as I have yet to hear a single person who has bought it say anything other than there sustain and tone was improved. And they ship world wide.

Thanks!

it looks nice, but how good are they if you replace the pick ups? (maybe in comparison to lower fender models?)
Drum drum drum away!
If you replace the pickups they are very good. What matters the most though is how much care you put into it when assembling it. Its possible you could get to a fender like quality but I would say that unless you can do a complete fret dressing you would be looking more if the realm of a really nice squier that is again if you take good care when putting it together. Tonally though it would be very nice, ive seen and talked to several people with lower end fender that had replaced the stock pickups with GFS pickups and ive met lots of people that have replaced there squier pickups with them.
that definately was what i'm looking for! i think it'll be my winter project this year. would it also be good to replace the pots and wires?
Drum drum drum away!
Yeah but you dont have too. Honestly what matters the most about the hardware with these kits are the tuners and the pickups and maybe the bridge.
http://www.thomann.de/be/search_dir.html?xsid=66e450100977f5881870dc74ec83e2cc&sw=harley+benton+electric+guitar+kit&x=0&y=0

These are a bit closer to you in distance, I can't vouch for the quality, but all the Harley Benton stuff is actually pretty good so there is no reason to think the kits aren't either.
The Explorer style kit seems to be missing which is good 'cause it looks like ass.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
has anyone here built one of these kits from Guitarfetish? What's the quality of the neck? I was just about to make this thread

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low