Does anybody know of a good Les Paul Custom copy for around £150-250? The reason for it being cheap is i would like to customize pickups, etc.
kramer makes them, cant remember the model names tho, also ibanez art and esp ltd EC series
Vintage V100AW is a good shout (if yer looking for white) at a very reasonable price.

Good hardware, good pickups. I've got the honey sunburst version. Does the trick just nicely for me!

Just googled it - you can pick them up new online for around £210.
Find a Gould Eagle - they're about £150 new and are easily as good as other guitars I've tried for double that price. (also they can usually be found used on ebay for about £70ish so you'd save more cash to spend on the upgrades). Don't know if they do a white one though.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
how much will the upgrades cost?

If you fork out a couple of hundred for pickups, and also fork out for new hardware and electronics, you could probably just get an MIJ tokai which doesn't need to be upgraded and which will be a way better guitar than anything you're going to get at £250 (barring a crazy good deal).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just bought a Tokai, Les Paul copy, amazing quality, it wasn't even a Jap copy it was from the cheaper chinese built ones, Honestly my mate has a Gibson les Paul, I went to his house to compare, I can't tell the difference in the sound, can't imagine how good the Jap built guitars are. Well worth checking them out if you haven't got sorted by now! best of Luck!
Quote by Rockinem
I just bought a Tokai, Les Paul copy, amazing quality, it wasn't even a Jap copy it was from the cheaper chinese built ones, Honestly my mate has a Gibson les Paul, I went to his house to compare, I can't tell the difference in the sound, can't imagine how good the Jap built guitars are. Well worth checking them out if you haven't got sorted by now! best of Luck!

Yeah, the Chinese ones are surprisingly good, I've been gigging with one. I've put a Strat pickup in the neck, which is just plain nuts...
I played a Pearl LPC copy once that was great.

It was toast though. Split headstock in several places, lots of damage to the body wood, broken pup rings, bad pots, neck joint starting to crack.

But even with all that, it was a fun guitar to play. If the headstock was still intact i probably wouldve tried to buy it off my friend
tokai les pauls = amazing

also, the vintage ones are good, if you get the right one... need a play a few i'd say