For the past few years I have been in ownership of pretty okay/entry level electric guitars (a Cort strat and a Maxwell abomination - seriously, if you see Maxwell instruments anywhere...run away screaming in the opposite direction). My Maxwell has been my main electric guitar for about 3/4 years now, and it's okay for a person just beginning - but for me who has been playing for close on 6 years (i think) it just doesn't cut it anymore. Plus it started to give some serious issues. So my dad was all like, "Let's get you a new guitar."
So off we went to the shops, stated our price range and tried Yamahas and Ibanezes and others from the back room [the place of "special guitars" or something ], all very good guitars - but I didn't like the feel of most of them. Then the shop assistant said, "Wait! I think I have an idea!" and whips out a guitar that wasn't even on their guitar list...it was a...
Paul Reed Smith SE Singlecut.

It was the one.

The first thing I noticed when I held this guitar is that it's HEAVY, most noticeably at the bottom of the guitar. It's made really solidly, although I wouldn't dream of dropping it. Comparing it to an entry level Aria guitar which was about equally as heavy, the heaviness seemed to transfer to the fretting hand and was equally distributed throughout the entire guitar which made playing on it very unenjoyable, but this PRS plays beautifully in the fretting hand and feels very balanced weight-wise; light on the neck, heavy on the body - just the way I like it.

and it came with it's own bag

Intonation is a huge thing for me. I have owned a few guitars with shoddy intonation, and I must say that on this PRS I would give it 98%. I played every note on it with a tuner and almost every note is spot on - the latter of it is very slightly sharp or flat which is almost negligible. It's almost...too perfect.

The setup consists of a PRS-designed bass and a treble humbucker, a 3 way toggle switch, and 1 volume and 1 tone controller. The bridge is a PRS-designed Stoptail which feels really solid. The body and neck is mahogany with a maple top and a rosewood fretboard . I was really impressed by this guitar's nice warm tone and note clarity even when I cranked the gain right up. I play in the styles of jazz, classical and death metal and I recon this guitar is very capable of doing all three.

So yeah. I'm really stoked to have this guitar. It is a most beautiful looking and sounding instrument. Now I have to study for my final exams.

Wonderful guitars, but the only thing that keeps me from getting one is the selector switch. It looks awkward there IMO, it should be in the upper left, like a PRS Singlecut or a LP.

HNGD though!
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.

PRS is undoubtedly boss, the SE kick frightful ass (i have a Custom 24, very similar features to yours) so a very HNGD to you
^_^ thanks guys. Yeah, Jager, the selector switch is kind of in a random place - but it doesn't bother me at all. But it would be ideal to have it in the upper left, as you say). Oh well, one can't have everything I guess.
IMO the switch is well positioned, doesnt get in the way where it is. Gratz, I've been wanting that exact axe!
Hngd!!!!
Guitars: IBANEZ RGA42FM
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 9-42
AMP'S: Peavey Vyper
Effects: Zoom G3
HNGD, dude. I just got my PRS Singlecut recently too, except in the Antique White, and with birds. but that doesn't matter. It's a great feeling and sounding guitar. I love it, I hope you do too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
HNGD, dude. I just got my PRS Singlecut recently too, except in the Antique White, and with birds. but that doesn't matter. It's a great feeling and sounding guitar. I love it, I hope you do too.

Yeah it's a rad guitar. White is B-E-A-utiful, but the assistant as the shop had a few things to say about the colour white and keeping it clean. You know, the story with the natural oils/acid in people's hands and it attracting dirt.
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
Yeah it's a rad guitar. White is B-E-A-utiful, but the assistant as the shop had a few things to say about the colour white and keeping it clean. You know, the story with the natural oils/acid in people's hands and it attracting dirt.

I don't know, man. mine's quite clean. I would think that a glossy black finish would be harder to keep clean cause those show fingerprints so easily. and besides, aged white looks like sex.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
daylight pics man!

that is the most comfortable bridge on earth imo. initially that's what hooked me on PRS guitars.

congrats and enjoy.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
daylight pics man!

that is the most comfortable bridge on earth imo. initially that's what hooked me on PRS guitars.

congrats and enjoy.

this is completely true!!! they're quite damn comfortable! they're in a tie with string-thru/TOM systems in comfort for me.
Quote by pedromiles101
Ughhhhhhh I want a PRS... HNGD!!!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
HNGD!!! I freaking love the transblack I must have a guitar with transblack its just too sexy, love the PRS guitars to, I keep remembering the SE24 Soapbar they have at the guitar store I frequent thing has a $500 and looks as good or better then a majority of the Gibson's they have on the wall.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5