Hi all, I have been doing some mods with my son on his Rev e crybaby and we have run into some problems. The mods include installing a red fasel, installing a hot potz II & carrying out a true bypass mod.

Everything is installed and wired however when the switch is off the guitar plays through the amp as normal with o effect applied but when the switch is on there is no sound at all.

I have attached a copy of the switch wiring diagram - as this is a Rev e board the track has been cut and the grenn wire has become the circuit input with the new soldered wire becoming the main input.

The hot potz II is wires CCW - Black CW - Blue SL - Yellow

Any help would be really appreciated.
Attachments:
3PDT.JPG
Make sure you have the switch aligned correctly.
The lugs on the switch are long one way.
The diagram doesn't show this but the lugs in the diagram should be horizontal like this:
__ __ __

__ __ __

__ __ __

and not vertical like this:

| | |

| | |

| | |

If you wire the switch up sideways, it won't work. If this isn't the issue, double check your wiring. It always seems to be the wiring!!! Check and make sure each wire is solder solid.
Thanks for the response. The switch is wired with the lugs horizontal and I agree it is probably wiring related but I just can't see for looking.
There is always power at the white wire (new wire) which returns on the purple wire when the switch is in one position. There is also always power at the blue wire. Activating the switch applies power to the green wire. Does the battery voltage matter as I notice that the one we are using is only putting out 4.79 volts.
Signal and power are different. You should be getting SIGNAL at those places on the switch. Yes, battery voltage does matter. A lot!! You need a new battery. That is really low and I don't think the pedal would work with it. You probably need to replace the battery when it gets to about 7-8v.
Tried a new battery at full 9volts today but no joy. Does anyone have any tests I can do to prove where the fault might be?
But are you getting 9v at the circuit board?

The best thing to do is build an audio probe. Print out the schematic for it and start at the input and figure out where the signal stops.

If you changed a few components, check them and make sure they are solid and you didn't ruin the solder pads at all.

If you can post some pictures here, maybe someone can spot the issue.