to me, it would be much easier to play open chords in a standard tuning rather than a dropped tuning...so tune that 6th string up to D and just play in D standard. In D standard, capo 2nd fret to get the same chords as written, or play them without a capo for a lower variation if it suits your voice better.
you could transpose it, but some of the chords are going to have real awkward fingerings in drop c. Ever consider C standard as a tuning? still a lot lower, and you get that deep growl out of the guitar, but the intervals are the same as in standard so fingering remains conventional.

but to answer your question, you'd have to transpose the song into a new key. Basically you start from a new root chord and keep the intervals between the chords the same so that way the progression hasnt altered, just the set of pitches played.

in drop c (or better yet, c standard), it could change from E F# Abm to something like C, D#, Fbm (enharmonic to ebm) or something like that. I dont know if thats a right transposition or not because im kinda just in school waiting for class and I dont generally play drop c so im not sure those are easily reachable there. but pretty much just make sure the "space" or intervals between the notes remain the same so that way the chord progression hasnt been altered. You can do this with any chord progression really. basically learn your intervals, the number system for chords (ie. I IV V), and the circle of fifths and your set. gets harder when transposing for other instruments rather than different tunings as you have to take into account what those instruments can do and their concert pitches...

I think you'll find people do this a lot, esp folk players and bar rock/country/blues players as you can use it to place the song in a key that fits the singers vocal range when they dont have the range to copy the original artist. go listen to a couple covers in different keys and look at the chord progressions being used. if you remember what I told you here, you'll notice the intervals are the same (unless the song is being played differently entirely) and by that I mean if it goes from an A to a B, which is a major 2nd, then if its being played in D, it would STAY a major2nd or one whole step apart, becoming D to E. depending on the intervals and notes being played you may end up playing a sharp or flat chord, so it might niot always stay a natural note, but the spacing between the chords is what makes the progression what it is.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by AdamDCMA
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/n/niels_brinck/i_dont_wanna_love_her_crd.htm

How could i "transform" these chords so it sounds alright with Drop C tuning!

For very experienced players, chordal tunings may be very useful. They obviously change the character of the guitar's sound quite a bit. However, if you're an average player, learning to refinger every chord formation for each different tuning is a formidable undertaking.

Bear in mind, the traditional use for chordal tunings, is for use with slides. So, Dobro, Lap Steel, Pedal Steel, and Bottleneck styles are where they're most apt, in fact always found. Some people do play the resonator guitar in standard tuning, however.

So, unless you're part of some weird acoustic "Djent" movement, dropping the guitar to D to D standard might be the best starting place. Unless of course, you have a "beater", that you can experiment with on the side.

Drop tunings can require the guitar's action to be set up again, different strings, or both.

Many male singers use the D to D standard, since most Baritones can't hit the G above middle C with any authority.

With D to D standard, you can use a capo that only covers 5 strings, (E-1 to A-5), on the second fret, and come up with standard drop D tuning.

Some instruments take differently to drop tuning, some sound great, others, blech.

You guitar may dictate what you are able to do.