So I picked a kramer focus 2000 from a buddy who needed to desperately get rid of it. I only paid 50 bucks. Something that concerns me is that some jackass decided to saw off part of the black in the neck joint. It seems sturdy and won't flex with pressure. So I was thinking of cleaning the joint up and recessing the the screws. Opinions?

Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
What the hell was he thinking? lol when you say clean it up and recessing the screws do you mean like an ibanez neck joint? that would be cool as hell
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
Quote by ibanez2011
What the hell was he thinking? lol when you say clean it up and recessing the screws do you mean like an ibanez neck joint? that would be cool as hell

Well, I don't want to thin the remaining joint like an aanj...but just round off the sharp edges and get rid of the neckplate.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
that will still be cool, that neck plate looks like ass......
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
Yeah..it looks like they used a damn hammer to bend it lol.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
it sad what some people do to their guitars....... lol
That would be a good idea, I know stewmac sells neck ferrules. Who ever did it was an idiot though, you can work off of 3 screws just fine but on the other side it looks like he cut it too close to the other screw so you are going to want to be very careful.