frankibo
UG Board King
3,093 IQ
That jazz was ****ing sexy. ****ing sexy.
Didn't like the drums at Riff 5, too slow.
Otherwise well done, excellent song.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
This is undoubtedly one of my favourite songs I've heard on UG. Very good. The drums were a tad lacklustre at times, but it didn't detract from the piece too much.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Semola94
semola94
920 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
This is undoubtedly one of my favourite songs I've heard on UG. Very good. The drums were a tad lacklustre at times, but it didn't detract from the piece too much.

Thank you very much!
Taclite
253 IQ
Quote by Semola94

Don't do that. Bumping is against the rules.

Riff 2 sounds like it's straight out of a point & click adventure game, along the likes of Deja Vu.
MorbidAngel1989
187 IQ
Pretty interesting piece. Like others have said the drums are lacking. Maybe making them interesting can make the piece livelier? The piece itself is well done otherwise. Riff 2 actually kinda reminded me of Santana-esque Latin music type stuff a bit. RIff 3 does sound like something from a game though. Riff 5, that whole section kinda boring imo. Not much going on with average guitar riff. Riff 6/Verse 1 sounds awesome though I like that riff with the piano going with it. Chorus was alright. Wasn't a big fan of the guitar part personal but w/e. Everything except the guitar riffs at Riff 7 was awesome, even the drums. Verse 2-5 served their purpose, individually they are okay together it works out. Riff 8 was pure awesome. The solos would sound much better with real instruments instead of crappy MIDI. The drum build up in Riff 9 could've been done much better. Maybe starting with a ride and then to crash cymbals, maybe have some toms or snares if you want. And really accent the last hit before going into the verse. I really liked this piece overall, very different. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499928
Semola94
semola94
920 IQ
Quote by MorbidAngel1989
Pretty interesting piece. Like others have said the drums are lacking. Maybe making them interesting can make the piece livelier? The piece itself is well done otherwise. Riff 2 actually kinda reminded me of Santana-esque Latin music type stuff a bit. RIff 3 does sound like something from a game though. Riff 5, that whole section kinda boring imo. Not much going on with average guitar riff. Riff 6/Verse 1 sounds awesome though I like that riff with the piano going with it. Chorus was alright. Wasn't a big fan of the guitar part personal but w/e. Everything except the guitar riffs at Riff 7 was awesome, even the drums. Verse 2-5 served their purpose, individually they are okay together it works out. Riff 8 was pure awesome. The solos would sound much better with real instruments instead of crappy MIDI. The drum build up in Riff 9 could've been done much better. Maybe starting with a ride and then to crash cymbals, maybe have some toms or snares if you want. And really accent the last hit before going into the verse. I really liked this piece overall, very different. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499928

Thanks for your helpful suggestions, I will try to improve the song, especially the drums, perhaps with the 'help of my drummer