i have been playing guitar for couple years and recently have started practicing for 4-8 hours per day learning la catedral allegro solemne and have started to notice a dull ache in my wrist some times index finger and muscle between thumb and palm also my playing has become 'clumsy' could this be down to just the stretches and odd shapes in this piece?
i have been playing in the mirror for the past 2 days and my technique looks fine.
could it just be thigs stretching?
also my wrist hurts when bent downwards it has been like this for 5 years(before i started playing guitar) and neve affected me before.
can anyone talk from expirience on how to relieve and cure somthin like this?
thanks in advance
It leprosy only cure is to amputate your infected hand(s)

No seriously, for stuff like this go see a doctor cause it could just be a strain or it could be worse.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Try not playing for a few days.

As shocking as that may sound.

Edit: If it gets worse go to a GP. Not a bunch of pit monkeys.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Oct 25, 2011,
Sounds like your hands may not be used to an increase in how long your using em for or you could be clenching to hard. A lot of people when they do road trips will have sore hands/wrists from clenching to hard. Try giving em a rest and see if it helps
Quote by Feak329
Sounds like your hands may not be used to an increase in how long your using em for or you could be clenching to hard. A lot of people when they do road trips will have sore hands/wrists from clenching to hard. Try giving em a rest and see if it helps
this... your over worked. Take 2 days off of not playing at all. Plan it around a couple of days your going to be busy any way. On day 3 start slow. After 20 minutes you will be utterly blown away.

You need to let your body catch up to the new work load.
he of tranquil mind