Page 4 of 413
Quote by vagelier
i have a feeling that pursuing other girls until it's officially over might turn her off me, what is your advice there?

Just wait until he's done pounding her so you can scoop up the sloppy seconds (or eighths most likely).
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by vagelier
i have a feeling that pursuing other girls until it's officially over might turn her off me, what is your advice there?

Suck it up. Don't be an asshole. Listen to Crunchy Roll.

Any of these will suffice.
I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but yeah. Just let the relationship run its course, and focus on other things until then. It's just best not to push the issue.
Quote by fleajr_1412
Calm down, you're overthinking this. It's probably nothing at all.

So... Unfortunately, you were wrong.

I got dumped, guys.

She told me she wasn't okay with my parents not being able to accept my long-distance relationship with her. She said we're just calling it quits for now, but I don't know.

Part of me wants to just wait it out and see what happens, but I so much want to just scream at her for being so unreasonable. Our relationship wasn't even that serious yet, we were only a month or so in, and for some reason what my parents think is already playing a huge role in her mind.

Mature, maybe, but really? Maybe there's something I'm just not understanding, Pit, but she seems like she has her mind made up, even though I still want her and she still wants me.

Just when you think you have girls figured out, they go and pull something like this on you.

What can I do? I know the answer is "not much", but still.
I don't think she wants to get together with you again. It seems like she just doesn't want to bother with the long distance (and using your parents a little bit as an excuse?), if you are only a month together and she is already saying she wants to call it quits I would let her go.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Lol this x1000

They love being in love.

I swear, as soon as a millionaire korean, who has a secret talent like memorizing things, with a huge boat but a family that doesn't approve of his relationships rolls into town I'm getting dumped.

hell, im watching my first k drama to get some idea of how to act right with thiis girl

have you watched dream high? i havent even had time to finish the first episode. do you know any good love dovery kdramas?
Alright guys, I posted yesterday and am now to follow up that post.

Cut a long story short, I'm quite infatuated with this one shy girl.

The thing is that I met her last night (she's one of my best friends' flatmate, this friend is a girl btw) and we barely got to talk (because the clib was pretty noisy). The start of the evening went pretty badly because people were trying to tease me with rumours of me getting with some ugly slut...but when they realised I was quite in to this girl they stopped and took it back.

Anyway, this girl seems quite shy and I don't know how to go about asking her out. She definitely doesn't seem like the type who I can just call out of the blue and ask out. She's quite shy so I don't want to make anything obvious. I asked my friend to strike up a conversation with the girl and subtly and discretely find out if I have a chance...still waiting for the results there :P

The main thing confusing me is the differing advice I keep getting. My initial plan was to see if I have a chance, add the girl on fb, chat a LITTLE bit so she gets to know the basic things about me and me about her and then go over to my friends place and chat to her in person a bit to see if we click. If all this goes well I'd ask her out in person.

My mates however insisted I don't add her on fb after only meeting her once...they said I'd be too obvious/straight forward. They also said that I have to be careful not to make this a rebound off my last relationship that ended a couple of weeks ago.

Guys, I need a battle plan. I need to step lightly, carefully and precisely to get this girl to open up to me. I can't just go over to my mate's every day because yesterday was the ifrst time I went over since I got back to uni....

Basically, to get to the point: I want to get to know this girl and I'd like fr you to tell me what would be the best way to "gain access" to her. Is fb ok? Should I just go over to my friends more often?

What do I do?
Quote by guitarxo
Don't worry about anyone measuring up to him. Just choose someone and think about all his positive qualities (appearance/personality/whatever). You don't necessarily have to become attracted to that person but it might get your mind off the other guy. It kinda works for me sometimes. hope this helps

I'll give it a go. Now to actually find that person.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I doubt you guys remember me from a couple months ago, but I had broken up with my girlfriend of 9 months because I didn't feel the same way about her anymore.

I've finally decided to get back in the game, but I'm having a really hard time... Most of the girls at my school I'm either very good friends with or I don't really talk to at all, not to mention I'm only at school for 4 periods and all my classes are with other seniors, so I don't really see any underclassmen while I'm at school. I know a lot of girls from the school where my ex-girlfriend is from, but I don't really have many of their numbers or anything and I almost never see them since they go to a different school...

So what would you guys do? Should I just go to the last resort and start talking to girls on facebook? I really would not want to do this because I find it cowardly and very awkward. I just need some help getting back into it, any advice would be great.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR

So what would you guys do? Should I just go to the last resort and start talking to girls on facebook? I really would not want to do this because I find it cowardly and very awkward. I just need some help getting back into it, any advice would be great.

i have the stupidest story about this and it led to me talking to this cute girl now... wether this is going anywhere or not i havent got a clue, i dont want to jinx it ;]
Quote by piratemetalhead
i have the stupidest story about this and it led to me talking to this cute girl now... wether this is going anywhere or not i havent got a clue, i dont want to jinx it ;]

care to share? lol
Told my housemate about a girl I like.

Now he's taking her on a date.
sigh...
i will later tonight, ive got t eat and guitarr class. also, i will build suspense.

its actually so stupid i lold at myself all night
Quote by Rockford_rocks
So... Unfortunately, you were wrong.

Just when you think you have girls figured out, they go and pull something like this on you.

What can I do? I know the answer is "not much", but still.

I think the whole parents thing was just an excuse man. If there is one thing I've realized over the past 2 months is that girls can be the most irrational people at the flip of a switch.

My advice, move on man. She'll come back on her own time if it's meant to be, but waiting around will do nothing but hurt you.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
a rule to live by... never give your heart to a partygirl, they will chew you up and spit you out.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
My girlfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago, but we've still been talking. She went back out with her ex, and they broke up today after being together 4 days. Now she says she wants to date a guy (someone I don't view as a threat to our relationship). She says that being with someone else will help her understand what it is we need to fix, and all that.

But I don't want that to happen. I'm feeling really selfish, and it'd hurt seeing her with someone else especially when I'm around the guy and her nearly constantly. Her mom is being ridiculously suspicious of our relationship, and she has to cover us up. It'd be hard but I'm wondering what to do. Because we aren't over each other, and we need time. Just...idk

Any input is appreciated.
сопляк!!
Quote by MirandaShambles
My girlfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago, but we've still been talking. She went back out with her ex, and they broke up today after being together 4 days. Now she says she wants to date a guy (someone I don't view as a threat to our relationship). She says that being with someone else will help her understand what it is we need to fix, and all that.

But I don't want that to happen. I'm feeling really selfish, and it'd hurt seeing her with someone else especially when I'm around the guy and her nearly constantly. Her mom is being ridiculously suspicious of our relationship, and she has to cover us up. It'd be hard but I'm wondering what to do. Because we aren't over each other, and we need time. Just...idk

Wait...so you break up with your gf and she basically says "I wanna screw a bunch of guys and get the whole cheating thing out of my system and then take you back as a safety bf so I'm making up a bullsh't excuse about fixing our relationship (by shagging other guys)" AND YOU BELIEVE THIS AND EVEN FEEL SELFISH FOR NOT WANTING HER TO GET WITH OTHER GUYSS????????????

Are you completely retarded? Or are you just THAT desperate?

She's using you. She's getting wth other guys and keeping you on the side as sloppy seconds.

Your relationship is over and you should move on. Your ex is a massive b'tch and you're incredibly gullible and naive....

sorry to bring t across so harshly but you need a reality check mate.
Quote by MirandaShambles

Run, run like hell and never look back. this has train wreck written all over it.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
a rule to live by... never give your heart to any girl, they will chew you up and spit you out.

fixed.
Quote by piratemetalhead
hell, im watching my first k drama to get some idea of how to act right with thiis girl

have you watched dream high? i havent even had time to finish the first episode. do you know any good love dovery kdramas?

I personally do not watch them. I've seen a few movies like My Sassy Girl and watched a few episodes of Iris, but that's about it.

My girlfriend lives for them. She has a backup hard drive full of dramas.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I think the whole parents thing was just an excuse man. If there is one thing I've realized over the past 2 months is that girls can be the most irrational people at the flip of a switch.

My advice, move on man. She'll come back on her own time if it's meant to be, but waiting around will do nothing but hurt you.

Yeah. To be honest, I don't believe it's an excuse, but she seems dead set on this and it's likely there's nothing I can do. I'm going to talk to her tonight just to ask a few questions.. But mostly, I'm just going to say that if she thinks this is the right thing for us, that I support her.

If she changes her mind in the next few weeks, I'll still be there for her... But if it's not resolved in a week or two I'm going to move on and look for someone else. I really like her, but she hurt me and I'm not going to dwell on her.

It's a good thing we haven't been together for a long time, because I'm not emotionally attached to her... I was just really looking forward to spending a long time with her. I talked to some people about it today, and this time after a bad breakup my friends have been supporting me, so already I feel a lot better.
Quote by Shr3dz0r
fixed.

Brother, you ain't kidding!
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
care to share? lol

OK

epicstorytime

so, the last day of school year, i play some man***** guitar show with my shirtless band, gaining attention of a few cute schoolgirls. One random girl signed my yearbook with something cute, i pursued her all summer and being he idiot i am i somehow failed four (i think) times with this girl, but thats anoth story.

anyws, i noticed this one other girl who kept looking at me... i found her in the yearbook, and three months later (finlly get over summer girl), i add her on facebook. here is a summary of that epic conversation

"hey, are you ____ from work?"
"...no"
"Oh sorry"
"its ok lol"
"youre prettier than the ___ i know"
"ok lol add the right person next time
"ok sorry lol i guess you can delet me now"
"ok"

*30 minutes later, she messages again with a new display photo*

"just wondering, are you the guy who played guitar last year?"
"whats a guitar?"

after that, i came back to earth and started talking like a non retarded person and bla blah blah, got her number and now i jus got to talk tto her in person more and ask her to a date, how i got from that conversation to this is a fucing miracle

thank god for guitar
^times 10000

Remember, girls are hardwired to emotions not logic. Never, I repeat NEVER, mix the two. Something I've been trying out lately that really seems to hit that attraction switch;

Next time you are flirting with a girl and she is digging you tell her something like "We are so similar! We would never work out together." with a smirk. Girls, especially pretty ones, are not used to this, it's different in a good way.
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
Quote by Nightrain57
^times 10000

Remember, girls are hardwired to emotions not logic. Never, I repeat NEVER, mix the two. Something I've been trying out lately that really seems to hit that attraction switch;

Next time you are flirting with a girl and she is digging you tell her something like "We are so similar! We would never work out together." with a smirk. Girls, especially pretty ones, are not used to this, it's different in a good way.

hahaha nice, pulled that one straight out of the Mystery Method
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by seeneyj
hahaha nice, pulled that one straight out of the Mystery Method

Definitely although little comments like that are pretty much the most I take out of Mystery's game. I don't like the idea of "canned" routines or doing things like asking a girl for a kiss.
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
Quote by Nightrain57
Definitely although little comments like that are pretty much the most I take out of Mystery's game. I don't like the idea of "canned" routines or doing things like asking a girl for a kiss.

That is the greatest shit I've ever read.
Those little comments are the best. There was so much good stuff I took out of that. I don't really like canned routines either but I learned how to DHV spike in my improvised stories.

I never ask girls for a kiss. If they let you play with their hair, you can kiss them. I took some much away from all of his stuff on kino escalation, pushing them away, bringing them back etc.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by thedefrockednun

The thing is that I met her last night (she's one of my best friends' flatmate, this friend is a girl btw) and we barely got to talk (because the clib was pretty noisy). The start of the evening went pretty badly because people were trying to tease me with rumours of me getting with some ugly slut...but when they realised I was quite in to this girl they stopped and took it back.

Anyway, this girl seems quite shy and I don't know how to go about asking her out. She definitely doesn't seem like the type who I can just call out of the blue and ask out. She's quite shy so I don't want to make anything obvious. I asked my friend to strike up a conversation with the girl and subtly and discretely find out if I have a chance...still waiting for the results there :P

The main thing confusing me is the differing advice I keep getting. My initial plan was to see if I have a chance, add the girl on fb, chat a LITTLE bit so she gets to know the basic things about me and me about her and then go over to my friends place and chat to her in person a bit to see if we click. If all this goes well I'd ask her out in person.

My mates however insisted I don't add her on fb after only meeting her once...they said I'd be too obvious/straight forward. They also said that I have to be careful not to make this a rebound off my last relationship that ended a couple of weeks ago.

Guys, I need a battle plan. I need to step lightly, carefully and precisely to get this girl to open up to me. I can't just go over to my mate's every day because yesterday was the ifrst time I went over since I got back to uni....

Basically, to get to the point: I want to get to know this girl and I'd like fr you to tell me what would be the best way to "gain access" to her. Is fb ok? Should I just go over to my friends more often?

What do I do?

Facebook and friends. If you guys hit it off well enough, FB shouldn't be a problem. Besides, it's the new myspace. Girls I don't even know are just stacked in my friend request bin. Hang out with your friends a lot more so you increase your chances of seeing her, and carefully and craftily flirt your way into her heart.
Quote by thedefrockednun

What do I do?

I'm confused as to how well you know this girl. Didn't you say you work with her? (Or was that someone else?) And here you say that you talked to her in the club (briefly) but yet you've only met her once?

And if she's your best friends flatmate then adding her on facebook wouldn't be too forward at all.
Okay, I am really feeling that I need a rebound right now. I still have my ex's mother, sisters and brother added on facebook, and in the live feed a photo of them all just came up, and she just looks so gorgeous! I miss her terribly once again.

I thought I was basically over her, but I suppose it's not that easy. Are rebound hookups generally ill-advised or are they a good idea? I'm not sure when I'll be getting the opportunity or anything, but yeah. I just really feel as though I need a bit of a confidence/ego boost right now.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Doesn't that shit suck, dude? Holy fuck, she always pops up in the family albums and always looks good.

Rebound hook-ups help and hurt, and it all depends on how long afterwards. It sounds like if you get the chance though, you should take it. Things start looking up a lot more when you realize you still have got it to pull girls.
Quote by zenbone
a rule to live by... never give your heart to a partygirl, they will chew you up and spit you out.

Or in my case, fuck like, four other guys behind your back and end up pregnant. Bitches be crazy man; realise it, understand it, know it.

-

And, cos I'm clearly a glutton for punishment, the missus and I have decided to stay together, so as of tomorrow I'm involved - once again - in a long distance relationship. Fun times
Last edited by SomeEvilDude at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by Athabasca
Okay, I am really feeling that I need a rebound right now. I still have my ex's mother, sisters and brother added on facebook, and in the live feed a photo of them all just came up, and she just looks so gorgeous! I miss her terribly once again.

I thought I was basically over her, but I suppose it's not that easy. Are rebound hookups generally ill-advised or are they a good idea? I'm not sure when I'll be getting the opportunity or anything, but yeah. I just really feel as though I need a bit of a confidence/ego boost right now.

That sucks dude. Rebound hookups are fine I think they are better than forever alone jacking off in your room... Just don't mislead yourself and the person you are using as a rebound.

As for the facebook, hide any updates from them if you don't want to just unfriend them.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I'm confused as to how well you know this girl. Didn't you say you work with her? (Or was that someone else?) And here you say that you talked to her in the club (briefly) but yet you've only met her once?

And if she's your best friends flatmate then adding her on facebook wouldn't be too forward at all.

I don't know this girl in the slightest. I met her on Tuesday night. I spoke very little to her as the club was pretty loud and had no chill area to chat.

I just asked her what course she did....and that's pretty much it aside form a few other words of small talk.

My infatuation with this girl is totally irrational and I know that. But i wanna get to know her...
Quote by Athabasca

Yes like the guy above me said, cut everything out of your life that reminds you
of her (or at least anything directly related to her). You don't have to unfriend her family but you should block their news feeds. I've been in that situation and you have to divert your thoughts away from her and onto something else (friends, meeting new girls and exercise are all big ones).
Quote by thedefrockednun
I don't know this girl in the slightest. I met her on Tuesday night. I spoke very little to her as the club was pretty loud and had no chill area to chat.

I just asked her what course she did....and that's pretty much it aside form a few other words of small talk.

My infatuation with this girl is totally irrational and I know that. But i wanna get to know her...

Girls can tell when you're obsessing. They're not really keen.

If you add her on Facebook, sending a message is then pushing it. Saying 'Hey!' on the chat is then stupid.

Getting her number from a friend is fine, if you do it within 3 and 5 days. Before 3 days is creepy, after 5 is pointless, since you'll likely have been forgotten.

Randomly bump into her in said club. Ask to buy her a drink, but do so very quietly. When she can't hear you, reveal a piece of notepaper from a pocket that says 'Drink?'

She'll remember that.