Page 5 of 413
Quote by piratemetalhead
OK

epicstorytime

so, the last day of school year, i play some man***** guitar show with my shirtless band, gaining attention of a few cute schoolgirls. One random girl signed my yearbook with something cute, i pursued her all summer and being he idiot i am i somehow failed four (i think) times with this girl, but thats anoth story.

anyws, i noticed this one other girl who kept looking at me... i found her in the yearbook, and three months later (finlly get over summer girl), i add her on facebook. here is a summary of that epic conversation

after that, i came back to earth and started talking like a non retarded person and bla blah blah, got her number and now i jus got to talk tto her in person more and ask her to a date, how i got from that conversation to this is a fucing miracle

thank god for guitar

Nice one, bro. And good luck
signature
Quote by Colohue
Girls can tell when you're obsessing. They're not really keen.

If you add her on Facebook, sending a message is then pushing it. Saying 'Hey!' on the chat is then stupid.

Getting her number from a friend is fine, if you do it within 3 and 5 days. Before 3 days is creepy, after 5 is pointless, since you'll likely have been forgotten.

Randomly bump into her in said club. Ask to buy her a drink, but do so very quietly. When she can't hear you, reveal a piece of notepaper from a pocket that says 'Drink?'

She'll remember that.

Your response to his post actually makes me want to read that wall of text. Brb.

Edit:

I'd like 5 minutes of my life back, k thanks.

Jk. But sorry for the triple post all, had to make it all fit.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Last edited by Freezer Burn at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by thedefrockednun
I met an awesome girl. I hardly spoke to her cause she was a friend of one of my friends (also a girl) and we went to a club with LOADS of people. She has everything that my ex lacked (which led to the breakup). I felt butterflies in my stomach, shy, like I did when I was a small, shy, pubescent 14 year old.

That's hardly a reason to not talk to her.

Quote by thedefrockednun
IT FEELS GREAT!

THis girl is so great and I for some reason got a small (very small) feeling that she might like me a bit (despite only just meeting). If I look back, she doesn't show too many of the signs (except for being really shy, smiling only when I spoke to her, acting different with me than the other guys she'd just met; my mates).

You hardly talk to her, but already think she's so great? Interesting...

Quote by thedefrockednun
Anyway, she's really cute, really pretty and my friend said she'd "drop a hint" to see if the girl might be in to me (maybe not the best idea but irreversible now).

Yeah, that was stupid.

Quote by thedefrockednun
If what I heard is true, she's very shy and doesn't have much (if any) of a relationship-past.

I hope you don't actually think this affects you in a major way.

Quote by thedefrockednun
How should I go about this? I usually don't go for the shy girls. She's my friend's flatmate so the only way I can get to see her is if I visit my friend (even then there's not a huge chance of her being there).

My main problem is how I should go about this. I feel like she needs to know a little bit more about me than she already does (which is basically nothing), so I was thinking maybe add her on fb....but I don't wanna be too obvious and imposing. I don't wanna scare her away but I'm so infatuated right now that I just wanna get her number and ask her out :P

How should I go about it?

Ok, so I'm guessing you are wondering how to go about this, right?

No, don't do that. You just met her (and hardly talk to her, as you put it). You'll come off as creepy.

Stop putting the pussy on the pedestal, seriously. You have a case of Oneitis.

The next you see this girl, actually talk to her. Then you can get her number, and ask her out the following weekend.

Second post incoming.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Quote by thedefrockednun
Cut a long story short, I'm quite infatuated with this one shy girl.

The thing is that I met her last night (she's one of my best friends' flatmate, this friend is a girl btw) and we barely got to talk (because the clib was pretty noisy). The start of the evening went pretty badly because people were trying to tease me with rumours of me getting with some ugly slut...but when they realised I was quite in to this girl they stopped and took it back.

If the club was that noisy, ask her to dance. And so what if they tease you, tell them to fukk off.

Quote by thedefrockednun
Anyway, this girl seems quite shy and I don't know how to go about asking her out. She definitely doesn't seem like the type who I can just call out of the blue and ask out. She's quite shy so I don't want to make anything obvious. I asked my friend to strike up a conversation with the girl and subtly and discretely find out if I have a chance...still waiting for the results there :P

I don't even know what to say here. First off, you've told us she's shy about six times now, we get it. And do you even have her number yet? If not, how do you expect to call her out of the blue? Stop asking your friends to do stuff for you, and do it yourself.

Quote by thedefrockednun
The main thing confusing me is the differing advice I keep getting. My initial plan was to see if I have a chance, add the girl on fb, chat a LITTLE bit so she gets to know the basic things about me and me about her and then go over to my friends place and chat to her in person a bit to see if we click. If all this goes well I'd ask her out in person.

You either add her or Facebook, or initiate the first conversation, NOT both. That's just desperate yo.

Quote by thedefrockednun
My mates however insisted I don't add her on fb after only meeting her once...they said I'd be too obvious/straight forward. They also said that I have to be careful not to make this a rebound off my last relationship that ended a couple of weeks ago.

You have smart friends, listen to them.

Quote by thedefrockednun
Guys, I need a battle plan. I need to step lightly, carefully and precisely to get this girl to open up to me. I can't just go over to my mate's every day because yesterday was the ifrst time I went over since I got back to uni....

This isn't a war lol. You're acting like you're actually going to battle here. It's just a girl bro.

Quote by thedefrockednun
Basically, to get to the point: I want to get to know this girl and I'd like fr you to tell me what would be the best way to "gain access" to her. Is fb ok? Should I just go over to my friends more often?

What do I do?

Yes, please.

Do NOT add her on Facebook if you've only talked to her once or twice (if you consider that talking to her). Next time you see her, actually talk to the girl. See what she's doing this weekend for Halloween, and invite her out with you and your (mutual) friends.

*Cue next post*

Quote by thedefrockednun
Somebody answer my post please

I for the first time in ages feel lost...

You only waited two hours before you said this. You weren't kidding about being infatuated, were you?

*Cue next post*

Quote by thedefrockednun
I don't know this girl in the slightest. I met her on Tuesday night. I spoke very little to her as the club was pretty loud and had no chill area to chat.

I just asked her what course she did....and that's pretty much it aside form a few other words of small talk.

My infatuation with this girl is totally irrational and I know that. But i wanna get to know her...

Tom's got a point. Girls have a sixth sense for this kind of stuff. She probably can already smell the obsession.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Quote by Colohue
Basically, the best way to succeed is to be a different person.

Thought I added that in my tl;dr....

Quote by blake1221
I recall what I said about Facebook after FB's train of logic.

You recall it? Or you retract it?

Freezedit:

Happy UG birthday blake
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Both >_>

I think I just went with recall...like when a factory recalls something... the main point is, I agree with you.

OPA!!!!!! 4 years in this marvelous intersection of talent, intelligence, fathomless stupidity, waste of time and camaraderie.

Yay.

And happy late UG birthday to you, sir. 22 days late though
So much UG birthday! Happy birthday guys.

Sorry I'm late to the new thread, I've been traveling. Well done on the OP(s), Blakey-poo. Needs more mention of Snowman.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Right first post in new thread huzzah.

Got a date tomorow night after many communication problems (she doesn't have fb and I have no phone signal near my house) and wondering if she actually did want to meet up. (FYI first time I've realised that phoning is SO much better than texting for organising dates).

This will be my first proper date in 6 months. I've learnt from my mistakes from my last date, so should be ok. Going bowling, then to the pub etc.

Will report back with how it went.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Tom and FB, thanks guys was helpful!

I know how ridiculous this sounds, I'm not one to do stupid things without nowing about'em. I hardly spoke to this girl but at first felt a small spark which is why I considered persuing it in the first place.

I'm gonna go to my friend's playce and hopefully the girl will be there, know the whole battle plan thing is stupid. I wanna take this step by step, the first step being getting to know her (or at least speaking a bit to her).

I know I'm obsessing but I haven't spoken to this girl, nor have I seen her so she doesn't know (yer :P). It's just a very strange stuation and I'm not putting the pussy on the pedestal, I'm putting this girl on the pedestal.

I'll ask my friend when the girl's usually home so that I can visit at a time at which I hopefully can speak with her.

If I do go over, how do I intiate it? I'm not gonna get in and just talk to the girl and ignore her other 3 flatmates (including my friend) I need to know what topics I should stick to, so as not to seem to stright forward...
so this chick i've been pursuing is really hot and funny, the only thing is she's kinda flaky. if she flakes on me tonight, im moving on. i hate that bullshit.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by thedefrockednun

I know how ridiculous this sounds, I'm not one to do stupid things without nowing about'em. I hardly spoke to this girl but at first felt a small spark which is why I considered persuing it in the first place.

I'm gonna go to my friend's playce and hopefully the girl will be there, know the whole battle plan thing is stupid. I wanna take this step by step, the first step being getting to know her (or at least speaking a bit to her).

I know I'm obsessing but I haven't spoken to this girl, nor have I seen her so she doesn't know (yer :P). It's just a very strange stuation and I'm not putting the pussy on the pedestal, I'm putting this girl on the pedestal.

I'll ask my friend when the girl's usually home so that I can visit at a time at which I hopefully can speak with her.

If I do go over, how do I intiate it? I'm not gonna get in and just talk to the girl and ignore her other 3 flatmates (including my friend) I need to know what topics I should stick to, so as not to seem to stright forward...

You realise that pretty much everybody you have spoken to recently, you have spoken to about this girl?

Said people have then talked to said girl, about you.

She will likely do anything and everything in her power to consistently remain as far away from you as possible.
It's not really a problem but i thought i'd ask.

This girl i'm going out with is 16 and i'm 18. Some of my friends think it's creepy. What do you guys think? I personally don't find it creepy at all
Quote by Colohue
You realise that pretty much everybody you have spoken to recently, you have spoken to about this girl?

Said people have then talked to said girl, about you.

She will likely do anything and everything in her power to consistently remain as far away from you as possible.

No, no that'"s not at all it. I've been careful enough.

When is ay that my mates know, that means 2 of my flat mates, a couple of good mates back home (in a totally different country).

The only person who actually knows (and the only one who has met) this girl and knows about my infatuation is my friend who is her flatmate. This friend doesn't know any of my flatmates so there's absolutely no connection between those who know and the girl herself, except for that one friend.

That's the thing with this situation, if all these people were inter connected, I'd have no trouble talking to this girl.

Only my friend who is flat mates with her knows about it and she's not gonna let the girl know what I think/feel about her.

From the girl's point of view, she can't know anything. I barely spoke to her, showed enough interest to make sure she knows I exist but not much more than that, I didn't add her on facebook or make any direct attempt to contact her.

She goes to a different uni (I go to Glasgow university and she goes to Glasgow strathclyde uni) than I and all of her flat mates, she knows none of my friends except for the one I mentioned so the chance of her knowing anything are incredibly low.

So I doubt she's "trying to stay away from me". I've been quite cautious, despite not maiking it seem so. The reason everything seems so straight forward and obsessive is because the RT is the only place where I can spill out all my thoughts.
Quote by blake1221
Both >_>

I think I just went with recall...like when a factory recalls something... the main point is, I agree with you.

OPA!!!!!! 4 years in this marvelous intersection of talent, intelligence, fathomless stupidity, waste of time and camaraderie.

Yay.

And happy late UG birthday to you, sir. 22 days late though

Ah, thanks man! 'Tis always nice to hear others agreeing with you.

And wtf does OPA mean? Urban dictionary says it's a greek word for celebration?

But thanks for the late bday :P

Quote by Snowman388
So much UG birthday! Happy birthday guys.

Sorry I'm late to the new thread, I've been traveling. Well done on the OP(s), Blakey-poo. Needs more mention of Snowman.

Let's hold off on that for now :P

Quote by Shredx
Right first post in new thread huzzah.

Got a date tomorow night after many communication problems (she doesn't have fb and I have no phone signal near my house) and wondering if she actually did want to meet up. (FYI first time I've realised that phoning is SO much better than texting for organising dates).

This will be my first proper date in 6 months. I've learnt from my mistakes from my last date, so should be ok. Going bowling, then to the pub etc.

Will report back with how it went.

There is nothing more to teach you, well done.

Either way, good luck man! Can't wait to hear back from you.

Quote by thedefrockednun

How is that any different? It's the same thing.

Yeah, while your at it, ask him to set you two up for a nice dinner, complete with flowers. Or you can just go not expecting her to be there, and if she is, awesome.

Talk to the whole group. Tell a funny story or joke, try to get their attention in some shape or form. When you find a time when your friends are talking to each other (and she's not), strike up a conversation with her, you can't go wrong. Just flirt with her, I know you know how to do that.

Quote by frozen_soul
so this chick i've been pursuing is really hot and funny, the only thing is she's kinda flaky. if she flakes on me tonight, im moving on. i hate that bullshit.

Good man. Flaky girls are the worse, as they almost never change.

Quote by Guitarlord44

This girl i'm going out with is 16 and i'm 18. Some of my friends think it's creepy. What do you guys think? I personally don't find it creepy at all

Nope, totally fine. Unless she's extremely immature (and I mean really really immature), there is nothing wrong with it.

Quote by thedefrockednun
No, no that'"s not at all it. I've been careful enough.

When is ay that my mates know, that means 2 of my flat mates, a couple of good mates back home (in a totally different country).

The only person who actually knows (and the only one who has met) this girl and knows about my infatuation is my friend who is her flatmate. This friend doesn't know any of my flatmates so there's absolutely no connection between those who know and the girl herself, except for that one friend.

That's the thing with this situation, if all these people were inter connected, I'd have no trouble talking to this girl.

Only my friend who is flat mates with her knows about it and she's not gonna let the girl know what I think/feel about her.

From the girl's point of view, she can't know anything. I barely spoke to her, showed enough interest to make sure she knows I exist but not much more than that, I didn't add her on facebook or make any direct attempt to contact her.

She goes to a different uni (I go to Glasgow university and she goes to Glasgow strathclyde uni) than I and all of her flat mates, she knows none of my friends except for the one I mentioned so the chance of her knowing anything are incredibly low.

So I doubt she's "trying to stay away from me". I've been quite cautious, despite not maiking it seem so. The reason everything seems so straight forward and obsessive is because the RT is the only place where I can spill out all my thoughts.

That's pretty much game over. Girls talk, do not underestimate this.

Ha! That's what you think. It's bound to come out.

I don't know, I think Tom's on to something here. And if there are your thoughts, they will become your actions (or your words) soon enough, and then you can kiss your chances goodbye.

*I edited because the Green was Blue, and it was hard to see/read on UG Black, because no one uses UG Classic anymore. Amirite?*
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Quote by Guitarlord44

I think it can be, but not always. Unless she was a really immature sixteen-year-old I wouldn't bat an eyelash at that.

Just be careful and review the age of consent laws in your area carefully if you're planning on doing anything.
Read your own posts. Count the amount of people who you've told us intended to talk to this girl about you.

And yeah, women talk. This can be your best friend or your worst enemy. In your case, it's going to kill you.
Quote by Flying Couch
I think it can be, but not always. Unless she was a really immature sixteen-year-old I wouldn't bat an eyelash at that.

Just be careful and review the age of consent laws in your area carefully if you're planning on doing anything.

Valid point. You don't want yourself getting arrested.

Quote by Colohue
Read your own posts. Count the amount of people who you've told us intended to talk to this girl about you.

And yeah, women talk. This can be your best friend or your worst enemy. In your case, it's going to kill you.

It's only your best friend about 15% of the time, if I had to guess, and that's being generous.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Quote by Flying Couch

She's mature. Very mature actually. And i don't plan on doing anything. She's not like that and i respect that. That and 17 is consent anyway so i'd wait anyway.

Thanks so much guys
Quote by Colohue

Ok with me balancing essays and all this stuff going on I know my posts aren't very clear. To clarify, with made up names:

The girl I like is called Hannah.

People who know that I like this girl:

- Sarah (Hannah's flat mate and my oldest friend. I've been friends with Sarah since the age of 8, that's 11 years since we first became friends back in Budapest, I've spent my entire academic life with her)
- George (flat mate who never met Hannah or Sarah)
- Sam (Same as above)
- Andrew (A friend who doesn't even live in the same city as us)

The friend who I've mentioned will talk to Hannah is Sarah, and all the cases of a friend speaking to Hannah are all not only one and the same person, but the same case of saying something.

Sarah has met my flatmates before but they don't EVER see each other unless I invite her.
Sarah know that I like this girl, she won't let Hannah find out about my infatuation because she knows that this is improtant to me and I'm the best friend she has and our friendship is 100% above "girls talking".

Hannah doesn't know a thing about me, Sarah hasn1t spoken to her since I first met her on Tuesday. THere isn't a single conenction between myself and Hannah apart from Sarah, and I'm repared to bet my left testicle that she wouldn't be gossipy because she herself wants me to get with Hannah (she said we'd go great together) and she promised to be discrete (and I trust her over anyone).

I'll follow FB's advice and just go over to Sarah's some time and hope Hannah'll be there...that's ok, right?
Last edited by thedefrockednun at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by thedefrockednun
Ok with me balancing essays and all this stuff going on I know my posts aren't very clear. To clarify, with made up names:

The girl I like is called Hannah.

People who know that I like this girl:

- Sarah (Hannah's flat mate and my oldest friend. I've been friends with Sarah since the age of 8, that's 11 years since we first became friends back in Budapest, I've spent my entire academic life with her)
- George (flat mate who never met Hannah or Sarah)
- Sam (Same as above)
- Andrew (A friend who doesn't even live in the same city as us)

The friend who I've mentioned will talk to Hannah is Sarah, and all the cases of a friend speaking to Hannah are all not only one and the same person, but the same case of saying something.

Sarah has met my flatmates before but they don't EVER see each other unless I invite her.
Sarah know that I like this girl, she won't let Hannah find out about my infatuation because she knows that this is improtant to me and I'm the best friend she has and our friendship is 100% above "girls talking".

Hannah doesn't know a thing about me, Sarah hasn1t spoken to her since I first met her on Tuesday. THere isn't a single conenction between myself and Hannah apart from Sarah, and I'm repared to bet my left testicle that she wouldn't be gossipy because she herself wants me to get with Hannah (she said we'd go great together) and she promised to be discrete (and I trust her over anyone).

I'll follow FB's advice and just go over to Sarah's some time and hope Hannah'll be there...that's ok, right?

Ok, yes. Sarah doesn't PLAN on talking to Hannah, but the odds of her keeping it a secret are low. That's just how girls work. I wish Erika was here, she'd tell it how it is.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Quote by Freezer Burn
Ah, thanks man! 'Tis always nice to hear others agreeing with you.

And wtf does OPA mean? Urban dictionary says it's a greek word for celebration?

Exactly
Quote by Freezer Burn
Ok, yes. Sarah doesn't PLAN on talking to Hannah, but the odds of her keeping it a secret are low. That's just how girls work. I wish Erika was here, she'd tell it how it is.

But now that I spelled it out clearly it seems much less likely that Hannah knows anything.

And if Sarah spills the beans, who cares? She would never go further than "I think thedefrockednun might have a thing for you" and if she does for some reason do that, at least Hannah'll know and tell Sarah whether she's intereted or not.

The main issue we were discussing was that it would be a leathal blow if Hannah were to find out about me obsessing and she won't because even Sarah doesn't know that. Only you guys know and tat's for a reason, you guys are the only ones whom I can spill the beans to.

All Sarah knows is that I find Hannah cute...

I'll see if I can go over to their flat some time next week.
Quote by thedefrockednun
But now that I spelled it out clearly it seems much less likely that Hannah knows anything.

And if Sarah spills the beans, who cares? She would never go further than "I think thedefrockednun might have a thing for you" and if she does for some reason do that, at least Hannah'll know and tell Sarah whether she's intereted or not.

The main issue we were discussing was that it would be a leathal blow if Hannah were to find out about me obsessing and she won't because even Sarah doesn't know that. Only you guys know and tat's for a reason, you guys are the only ones whom I can spill the beans to.

All Sarah knows is that I find Hannah cute...

I'll see if I can go over to their flat some time next week.

I'd just stop obsessing, period. If you keep at it, you'll only be more hurt if things don't work out. You'll also have a better chance of being with her by not obsessing.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

i wanted to ask this girl (been talking to her, mostly text/ online for around two weeks now) to hang out tomorrow (ive got work saturday, and sunday i think ill put off for school and guitar stuff), but i couldnt find her at school today

would it be pussy to ask her out over text, or should i try finding her at school tomorrow morning and ask her then? This isnt really a "date", more like just hanging out for the first time btw :]
I got worried when I found that the old thread was locked. I didn't know there was a new one
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
alright, sounds good. considering that i havent really "talked" to her in person (only said hi to her in the hallways, walked a bit with her before my troll of a bassist kept pointing at us and asking "seeeex?" in a borat voice :[ ), maybe id get a better response asking her in person you think?
Quote by piratemetalhead
i wanted to ask this girl (been talking to her, mostly text/ online for around two weeks now) to hang out tomorrow (ive got work saturday, and sunday i think ill put off for school and guitar stuff), but i couldnt find her at school today

would it be pussy to ask her out over text, or should i try finding her at school tomorrow morning and ask her then? This isnt really a "date", more like just hanging out for the first time btw :]

Call her up, pony boy!!

Quote by piratemetalhead
alright, sounds good. considering that i havent really "talked" to her in person (only said hi to her in the hallways, walked a bit with her before my troll of a bassist kept pointing at us and asking "seeeex?" in a borat voice :[ ), maybe id get a better response asking her in person you think?

Person first (if possible), then phone.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

So.... my friends are all pissed off, because I didn't go with them to a concert that I got everybody excited to go to. I had one of my friends buy my ticket and then about fifteen minutes later remembered that I had to go to some function for the fraternity I'm pledging for.

They've been pretty upset with me lately, because I have been "ditching" them for fraternity stuff... Although, I think I've ditched a lot of fraternity stuff for them...

They really want me to go to the club with them right now. There's about 40 mins left before it closes. I have homework due tomorrow that I haven't done. I'm not supposed to go out after functions.

I don't know what to do.
Homework. Tell them you're not screwing up your grades for something that you can do any day of the week. Especially if it's for only 40 minutes.
It's a small town this is the only good night of the week to go out. They're gonna bust into my room at 2:30 and blame my not going out on fraternity stuff and say I've ditched them once again. It's too late to go out though.
It would have just been irresponsible. Tell them when the fraternity stuff cools down, you'll be able to kick it with them more and they should just chill. Apologize for not being able to show up tonight and other nights, and just try to balance school and partying.
Quote by blake1221
It would have just been irresponsible. Tell them when the fraternity stuff cools down, you'll be able to kick it with them more and they should just chill. Apologize for not being able to show up tonight and other nights, and just try to balance school and partying.

Something I've been sucking at lately. I think I went to 2 classes this week... I drink way too much. Anyway, I'm gonna log off and do homework now.
Good luck I've definitely been there before, just try to say "no" to some parties once in a while.

Cheers for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. Didn't even know facebook had such a feature built into it.

I'm feeling a heap better already. Such phases usually don't last too long for me, but when they do things can seem a little "doom and gloom" ha. Thanks again!
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by Guitarlord44

It's not that big of a deal.

When you get to be mid 20s you could date anybody from 19 to 32ish and nobody will care anymore. Though obviously the younger you go the higher the risk is for them being a vapid immature person. 22 where I bottom out at personally due to that.
I need help guys.

Names have been changed (even though it seems pointless)

I found this guy (i'm bi) about 4 months ago. After all the hell i had to go through with relationships in the past. Lies, manipulation, keeping secrets, being cheated on, the usual suspects. I really did beleive that a relationship was just not for me. I had a very, very bitter taste in my mouth about relationships because of my bad experioences, which have led me to chronic depression. But that is another story.

so anyway, i found this guy online (i know, not ideal) called Jason. Cutting out all that is irrelevent to the problem and getting straight to the point, I love him so much. So damn much.

A problem is that he lives thousands of miles away. But i had the money to be able to afford a return flight. I even told my mum that i was considering meeting Jason for a holiday. Against all odds, she was actually fine with it. She siad that life was too short to not meet people, which i thought was wonderfully open-minded of her.

I was overjoyed, but then Jason told me somthing right on the very same day that my mum told me that i could meet him. This is somthing Jason should have told me from the moment we met. He's been dreading teling me this because he loves me as much as i love him.

I assumed that he wasn't underage. I'm 19.

he revealed to me that he will be 15 in a few months.

I really did think i would have a lucky break after all the bullshit i have to go through. He is the one single thing that has made me happy over these last months. I thought i would never love again after my unrequited love affair, but i did fall in love again. I thought i would actually be happy this time. I thought meeting someone new would end the dark chapter in my life. I love him so, so much, but now i can't even think about him without cringing because of his age.

What can i do?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by Shr3dz0r
So.... my friends are all pissed off, because I didn't go with them to a concert that I got everybody excited to go to. I had one of my friends buy my ticket and then about fifteen minutes later remembered that I had to go to some function for the fraternity I'm pledging for.

They've been pretty upset with me lately, because I have been "ditching" them for fraternity stuff... Although, I think I've ditched a lot of fraternity stuff for them...

They really want me to go to the club with them right now. There's about 40 mins left before it closes. I have homework due tomorrow that I haven't done. I'm not supposed to go out after functions.

I don't know what to do.

Pledging a fraternity eats up a lot of your time. They should understand this. When the process is over, you'll have more time to socialize with them, tell them this.

Quote by Shr3dz0r
It's a small town this is the only good night of the week to go out. They're gonna bust into my room at 2:30 and blame my not going out on fraternity stuff and say I've ditched them once again. It's too late to go out though.

Who cares? I'm assuming they are pledging themselves, so they wouldn't understand.

Quote by Shr3dz0r
Something I've been sucking at lately. I think I went to 2 classes this week... I drink way too much. Anyway, I'm gonna log off and do homework now.

Gotta watch your alcohol intake during the week

Quote by Athabasca
Cheers for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. Didn't even know facebook had such a feature built into it.

I'm feeling a heap better already. Such phases usually don't last too long for me, but when they do things can seem a little "doom and gloom" ha. Thanks again!

Don't remember if I gave you advice, but either way, woots!

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I need help guys.

Names have been changed (even though it seems pointless)

I found this guy (i'm bi) about 4 months ago. After all the hell i had to go through with relationships in the past. Lies, manipulation, keeping secrets, being cheated on, the usual suspects. I really did beleive that a relationship was just not for me. I had a very, very bitter taste in my mouth about relationships because of my bad experioences, which have led me to chronic depression. But that is another story.

so anyway, i found this guy online (i know, not ideal) called Jason. Cutting out all that is irrelevent to the problem and getting straight to the point, I love him so much. So damn much.

A problem is that he lives thousands of miles away. But i had the money to be able to afford a return flight. I even told my mum that i was considering meeting Jason for a holiday. Against all odds, she was actually fine with it. She siad that life was too short to not meet people, which i thought was wonderfully open-minded of her.

I was overjoyed, but then Jason told me somthing right on the very same day that my mum told me that i could meet him. This is somthing Jason should have told me from the moment we met. He's been dreading teling me this because he loves me as much as i love him.

I assumed that he wasn't underage. I'm 19.

he revealed to me that he will be 15 in a few months.

I really did think i would have a lucky break after all the bullshit i have to go through. He is the one single thing that has made me happy over these last months. I thought i would never love again after my unrequited love affair, but i did fall in love again. I thought i would actually be happy this time. I thought meeting someone new would end the dark chapter in my life. I love him so, so much, but now i can't even think about him without cringing because of his age.

What can i do?

Sticky situation. A 5 year difference (soon to be four) is hard at this age. You should follow your heart, however, and do what you think feels right.

If you want my honest opinion, I'd say to slowly talk to him less and less, and try to grow apart, because it's going to be hard no matter what you do, but this takes a lesser shot to your heart.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08