Hi,

So If you've seen my thread about a new guitar, you'll know that I need a new guitar, if you haven't, then now you know.

I found an amp, It's from gear4music and It's a White Horse GT260 120W DSP Guitar Amp Stack and I have no idea if its good.

Anybody used it before? Thanks

Rig: Epiphone Les Paul E-Club Standard
Vox VT40+
have you tried looking for it in the reviews section?
but my guess would be its not good, not good atall
Don't buy for watts buy for sound it will pay off in the end I made that mistake and regret it now
The easiest way to tell if it is good is to look for the word "gear4music". Any item which has that written on it is not good.

Even in the budget sector, they are not good.

Keep looking, you WILL find something better for the cost, like the other guy said you want to focus on sound, not wattage.

The only way to know for sure that you are doing the right thing is to go to a shop and try a range of amps till you find something you like.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
i haven't tried it but i'd be very surprised if it's much good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by GaryBillington
The easiest way to tell if it is good is to look for the word "gear4music". Any item which has that written on it is not good.

Even in the budget sector, they are not good.

Keep looking, you WILL find something better for the cost, like the other guy said you want to focus on sound, not wattage.

The only way to know for sure that you are doing the right thing is to go to a shop and try a range of amps till you find something you like.

Gear4music is what the website is called

It's an utter shit amp TS.

Budget?
New used?
Genres you play?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Thanks Guys,

My Budget is about £300, I play punk/grunge/rock, and I don't care if its new or used, aslong as it works and looks ok

Thanks!

Vox VT40+
Quote by Adam124
Gear4music is what the website is called

It's also a brand of extremely poorly made guitars and amps.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
there are some good deals on jet cities at the moment on ebay from their distributor (they're new). Might be worth considering. I haven't tried them, but they're meant to be pretty good. Gonna be hard to beat at your budget, i'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks everyone!

Following your advice, I looked for good amps, not with nessesarly big wattage, and found 2 that seemed really good. The Blackheart Little Giant and The Blackstar HT5H Half Stack. They seem to be excellent for their price and pretty good for gigs if on the PA system aswell The thing is I can't decide. Any help? Thanks

Vox VT40+
will it be for home use or gigs?

what type(s) of music do you play?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play punk, nirvana style grunge and rock (anything from muse to G'n'R) Probably will be used for Home, band practice and (maybe) a gig or two.

Thanks

Vox VT40+
k, thanks

I'm sticking with my original suggestion.

I'm not sure 5 watts has anywhere near enough headroom to gig with. I mean, I don't gig, I only play at home, and for me 5 watts has just about enough headroom for home use
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay... My other alternative was the Orange Crush PiX CR35LDX Combo With Digital Effects Any good?

Vox VT40+
i'm telling you, those jet cities i mentioned are going to annihilate any of those solid state beginner amps. Unless I've been very much misled as to what they're like (which I doubt).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 26, 2011,

(also fixed a stupid typo )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I found a Jet City amp, the JCA20H, Seems really good, and I found a deal on ebay including an 12S cabinate. Anything i should know about it?
Thanks!

Vox VT40+
not that I'm aware of, as long as you're ok with only one channel and no FX loop- there's a newer version coming out with two channels and a loop, but it's going to be more expensive.

But yeah I mean that's a very good deal, assuming it does the tones you want (as i said, I haven't tried it).

There's also a combo version as well, in case you didn't realise.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?