Page 1 of 3
So, I went to buy an SLK55 AMG roadster today.

Hated it. Leaden, heavy, imprecise. Drinks like Rick Wakeman on a binge. No feedback thru steering and shocking build quality compared with what you'd expact.

I bought this instead. It's like the difference between a heavy 80's Les Paul (SLK) and having a '62 lightweight Strat.

Got a good price on my Audi TT Roadster Mk 2 3.2 too (which drinks more fuel than even the 5.5 V8 SLK- the new one will be positively frugal!)

lol you just spent a fortune on a car that has the steering wheel on the wrong side! OWNED!
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I'm sure a site full of fat, sweaty 13 year olds living on a weekly allowance is the right target for car ads.
Quote by AeroRocker
lol you just spent a fortune on a car that has the steering wheel on the wrong side! OWNED!

Ummmm this is easy

I smoke. I am right handed. This is the way forward.
Too bad it doesn't make your manhood more substantial.

Oh, and we're not really that interested in your new car.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Oct 25, 2011,
It doesn't matter how good your car is, it won't affect how your tone sounds that much. What you really need is a new amp.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by strat0blaster
Too bad it doesn't make your manhood more substantial.

Oh, and we're not really that interested in your new car.

Wow. You have the ability to speak for every poster here. How omnipotent.
Quote by jakey333

Obviously you haven't read the rest of the comments in your thread, or you'd see how accurate I am.

And so what; I'm supposed to jump and do back flips because you bought a spruced up 997 generation Carrera back from '05 with a few bells and whistles that didn't improve necessity much over the other 911s beyond a reshaped and better positioned fuel tank?

Hopefully you didn't pay the near 90k full asking price from six years ago as well.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I do not believe you can afford a car of such financial magnitude.

To resolve this issue, and allow me to believe you, please provide the following:

- Your account number.
- Your account sort code.
- Your banks branch address.
- Your current driving license, including the paper counter part.
- Your birth cirtificate.
- The spare key to your new car.

Seriously...pretty nice, that is
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by AeroRocker

911's sort of bore me, I see them all the time around here. I'm sort of partial to the R8 and GT-R, or any Italian supercar basically. However, I'm not loaded, so my opinion is null on the actual driving.

Quote by AeroRocker

Actually, the steering wheel is supposed to be on that side. You are confused because all American cars are designed with the steering wheel on the incorrect side of the car.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by strat0blaster
Obviously you haven't read the rest of the comments in your thread, or you'd see how accurate I am.

And so what; I'm supposed to jump and do back flips because you bought a spruced up 997 generation Carrera back from '05 with a few bells and whistles that didn't improve necessity much over the other 911s beyond a reshaped and better positioned fuel tank?

Hopefully you didn't pay the near 90k full asking price from six years ago as well.

911's hardly need any improvement. They are the strats of cars. Perfection and the design classic that all are measured by.
Got it for a steal actually and very happy.
Quote by GaryBillington
Actually, the steering wheel is supposed to be on that side. You are confused because all American cars are designed with the steering wheel on the incorrect side of the car.

He wasn't serious. And you English are one of the few countries left that are right hand drive. So,

EDIT: What year is it and how much did you get it for?

Quote by AeroRocker

Sail upon the open skies
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
He wasn't serious. And you English are one of the few countries left that are right hand drive. So,

EDIT: What year is it and how much did you get it for?

04 and £20k. 1 owner from new, 22k miles.

A steal as I say.

Re right hand drive- many more than you'd think- most of Asia (not China though), India, Aus, NZ, Japan......
Quote by jakey333
911's hardly need any improvement. They are the strats of cars. Perfection and the design classic that all are measured by.
Got it for a steal actually and very happy.

Thanks for showing how little you know about cars

It was pretty obvious already, but that just sealed it.

And if a 911 'hardly needs any improvement,' why'd you spend upwards of 50k on an 05 model when you could've gotten something from the late 80's or early 90's for much less?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
it's a vw beetle that someone's dropped a caravan on (as jeremy clarkson would say)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by jakey333
04 and £20k. 1 owner from new, 22k miles.

A steal as I say.

Re right hand drive- many more than you'd think- most of Asia (not China though), India, Aus, NZ, Japan......

True, a good bit do, but the majoriy of he world is left hand drive, right side of the road. Although there are some high population right hand drive countries. I sort of wish there was an international standard. Import cars from anywhere and it wouldn't matter.

Here's a map, blue being right hand drive and red left.

Quote by strat0blaster
Thanks for showing how little you know about cars

It was pretty obvious already, but that just sealed it.

And if a 911 'hardly needs any improvement,' why'd you spend upwards of 50k on an 05 model when you could've gotten something from the late 80's or early 90's for much less?

Nice, qualified statement.

Re why this- well 80's 911's handle like dogs (not applicable in US as you don't have corners) 90's 911's- well 964's leak oil and were not great, 993's are great and wonderfully made, but offset pedals and cramped......crappy cabrios. 50k? Hardly. 20k.

Oh and this has a claim free Porsche Warranty. You won't get that on an older car.

Re knowing little about cars, what other single model margue has the heritage, kudos, build quality and performance of a 911? Nothing. Not a thing on the planet. That's why a 320BHP 911 will slaughter a 500BHP AMG Merc in terms of real world performance.
Last edited by jakey333 at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
True, a good bit do, but the majoriy of he world is left hand drive, right side of the road. Although there are some high population right hand drive countries. I sort of wish there was an international standard. Import cars from anywhere and it wouldn't matter.

Here's a map, blue being right hand drive and red left.

Dunno if you're aware, but the UK has a lot of Jap imports due to both being RH drive and also Jap regs mean they have to scrap their cars at a certain (quite young) age. So we have loads of suped up Scoobies and so on here. In the EEC, there's a big market for buying UK registered LHD cars and taking them back to mainland Europe.
Quote by jakey333
Nice, qualified statement.

Re why this- well 80's 911's handle like dogs (not applicable in US as you don't have corners) 90's 911's- well 964's leak oil and were not great, 993's are great and wonderfully made, but offset pedals and cramped......crappy cabrios. 50k? Hardly. 20k.

Oh and this has a claim free Porsche Warranty. You won't get that on an older car.

Re knowing little about cars, what other single model margue has the heritage, kudos, build quality and performance of a 911? Nothing. Not a thing on the planet. That's why a 320BHP 911 will slaughter a 500BHP AMG Merc in terms of real world performance.

Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Corvette, Mclaren, Bugatti, off the top of my head. Each of those companies has a car that can compete with the 911s all the way up to the GT3, and others that can outperform it. Of course this all depends on what you're trying to push from your car. Some are better suited than others for handling, torque, start/stop, grip, take off, or distance runs.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Corvette, Mclaren, Bugatti, off the top of my head. Each of those companies has a car that can compete with the 911s all the way up to the GT3, and others that can outperform it. Of course this all depends on what you're trying to push from your car. Some are better suited than others for handling, torque, start/stop, grip, take off, or distance runs.

Corvette? You mean the hideous thing with a live axle and leaf springs? Yes the ZDR1 is quick and a bargin, but a GT2 or 3 will have it all day long. And they're built properly.

And the rest, they are all 2 and 3 times the price. Go back to my analogy- a stock US Strat is a benchmark in guitars. Yes, it can be improved upon, but for what it is, it's the benchmark. A 911 is the same.

Astons- you mean the car that has Ford Mondeo switchgear and electrics under the dash?
Ferarris- the cars that cost $5000 to service and need a new clutch every 4000 miles?
McLaren- now you're talking hypercars- would I take a Carrera GT over a McLaren? Every time.
Lambos- I'll give you they're great, but again, they're 50% more expensive, so if you're gong to compare, compare to a 997 Turbo S- big difference and still the 997 will be quicker than a Gallardo. In fact, the stock 996 GT3, a £80k car with a mere 381 BHP v a £120k Lambo with 570 BHP, was quicker around the Nurburgring.

As a comparison, and to underline my point, a standard 997 Carrera 3.8 S- Nurbergring time- 7mins 50 secs. A Merc CLK DTM AMG one off touring car homologation - with a massive 562 BHP 7 mins 53 secs. Even the Merc SLS a £200k car with 580 BHP, is 7 mins 47 secs!

And, best of all, the Boxster S (280BHP) does the lap in 8.02, a CLK63 AMG (520 BHP) 8.12! Only half the BHP of the Merc...! Porsche brakes, Porsche handling is the reason why.

Je repose ma valise.
Last edited by jakey333 at Oct 25, 2011,
Yeah that car is not what you crack it up to be, money can buy you a flashy car but it sure wont buy you the skill to drive it.

Edit: WOW you can read a brochure, just shut up now man before you dig your hole so deep you cant get out.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Last edited by ne14t at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by ne14t
Yeah that car is not what you crack it up to be, money can buy you a flashy car but it sure wont buy you the skill to drive it.

True. But how could you possibly have the knowledge of me to comment on my driving skills?
Quote by ne14t

Edit: WOW you can read a brochure, just shut up now man before you dig your hole so deep you cant get out.

Bullshit. Driving lessons

Quote by GaryBillington

Wikipedia begs to differ.

Quote by jakey333

i know, right? he knew exactly how i felt about your new car!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by ne14t

Actually you are digging the hole. You have tried to judge my driving skills from 8000 miles away through a computer screen.

If someone you'd never heard play posted a 59 Les Paul they'd bought would you say "Great guitar but you're not good enough to play it?"

Are you that stupid, shallow and jealous that you are prepared to judge someone's ability to perform or drive without any reference or knowledge of that person?

Certainly seems that way.

Want a ladder?
Quote by jakey333
True. But how could you possibly have the knowledge of me to comment on my driving skills?

Because real car enthusiasts don't come onto a guitar forum to brag about there cars, trust me I know because I am one.

As for driving lessons, you know how much that costs? Yeah you can spend the money but that does not mean you will grasp the concepts and techniques.

http://www.skipbarber.com/highperformance.asp

Thats a basic introductory course, 1 day course starts at $2100.
Quote by ne14t
Because real car enthusiasts don't come onto a guitar forum to brag about there cars, trust me I know because I am one.

As for driving lessons, you know how much that costs? Yeah you can spend the money but that does not mean you will grasp the concepts and techniques.

http://www.skipbarber.com/highperformance.asp

Thats a basic introductory course, 1 day course starts at $2100.

http://greenlight.tv/welcome/

That is what I do for a living. I'm rather familiar with driving techniques.
Quote by jakey333
Actually you are digging the hole. You have tried to judge my driving skills from 8000 miles away through a computer screen.

If someone you'd never heard play posted a 59 Les Paul they'd bought would you say "Great guitar but you're not good enough to play it?"

Are you that stupid, shallow and jealous that you are prepared to judge someone's ability to perform or drive without any reference or knowledge of that person?

Certainly seems that way.

Want a ladder?

Ok how about this, I dont even think you own that car. Anyone can take picture of a sports car and claim its theirs, hang on I will walk across the street here to MCL motor cars and take a picture of there Testerossa...

You didnt even list the right time for that car around the Nurburgring the damn thing did a 7:50 lap at its best time, no Porsche has even broke the 7:00 lap time. The ZR1 and Z06 Corvettes have lap times of 7:19.63 and 7:22.68 which destroys the crap out of that Porsche, hell the ACR Dodge Viper pulled it in 7:12.13 and the Radical SR8 LM blew the doors off all the competition at 6:48

I wouldnt say they werent good enough to play it, but you come off as a very immature kid. You dont know what your talking about, you are extremely defensive and your bragging about a car on a guitar forum.

You see where I am going with this?
Page 1 of 3