I've been looking at amps recently, as I've been looking for an upgrade on my Marshall MG15. I really like the Fender Mustang II and the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112 Enclosure. I'm really not sure which one to get though as I like them both :P I'm 15 years old and I've been playing for 1 year .I do like my Marshall, it just doesn't give me the sound I want, which I can get from the amps I want.

I have a budget of £500, for christmas.
I use an Epiphone Dot and SG ran through my Digitech RP90, which I wouldn't need with the Mustang. I play Rock and some Metal (Stuff like Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Metallica, Arctic Monkeys, White Stripes). I would use for home use mostly, but it would be nice if I could get one for future gig use as I'm in a band too. I live in the UK, in Rotherham, a town near Sheffield.

What amp would you personally recommend?

Thanks
Last edited by TheChunklunk at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by TheChunklunk
I really like the Fender Mustang II and the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112 Enclosure. I'm really not sure which one to get though as I like them both :P

I'm not sure how it's possible that you liked the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112 Enclosure as an amplifier... Since it's not a amp. It's a speaker cabinet.

The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is an awesome amp, but a bit over your budget.

Try something like a Bogner Alchemist, or a Laney VC30.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Haha I meant the amplifier, just got confused with the model. I think I may be able to squeeze some money to afford the Hot Rod Deluxe. I've never heard of Bogner before, shall look

Thanks man
might want to look at a Peavey Valveking as they do pretty much everything you want.
traynor ycv50b on thomann. It's gone up a little in price (it's now ~£500 whereas it was more like £420 for a while), but it's still good value at that kind of money and you'll struggle to get anything better, or even anywhere near as good, for the same amount of money.

there are good deals on jet city amps on ebay (new) from the UK distributor which might be worth considering, too, though I haven't tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Linkerman
or a Laney VC30.

+1
Laney always seem to be the best value for money in the UK, especially used. The VC30 has REALLY nice cleans, and pretty nice drive, and would leave you with enough money for a good overdrive/distortion pedal for the heavier stuff. The VC50 would probably suit you better though, if you can find one used.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Oct 25, 2011,
Never actually looked at Laney amps before, seen a lot people using them and heard good things though. I'm a bit of a Foo Fighter nerd and I'm looking for something that could at least get me close to their tone, I know it will never sound exactly like it.