Hey guys, I have been looking to buy a guitar (used) for some time now and I've been given the option to choose between an ibanez RG3120 or a PRS torero. The former for 950$ in mint condition and the latter for 800$ new. I don't have much knowledge on electric guitars since I have never owned one (I've only played classical) I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on which would be the better option.
Definitely the 3120. MIJ Ibanezes are the shit!
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

ibanez, as previously stated made in japan ibanez guitars are the shit!
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
assuming you're willing to go used and can check it out to make sure it's legit and in good condition, the 3120 will annihilate the torrero.

I should point out that i haven't tried the torrero, but I'm assuming it's of similar quality to the other PRS SEs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some guitarists say the torero has the best building quality in the PRS SE line but, as stated, RG3120 is a superb guitar! Don't hesitate and get the Ibanez...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
The Torero is made at the same place as the other SEs so I see no reason why it would be built better.

Get the Ibanez. Assuming it is in absolutely top condition, almost any MIJ guitar will beat a MIK one and Ibanez in particular put a lot of hard work and quality into their MIJs.
gotta add my vote to the Ibby...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say neither guitar is better, and you should pick the one you like more.

All that aside, I'm an Ibanez man and the 3120 is a fantastic guitar- certainly one of the nicer looking ones as well if I say so myself.
It's not really a fair comparison. The 3120 was at least $1500 new, AFAIK. The PRS SE is $800 new. You're talking totally different ballgames here - the Ibanez is in its own league.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Totally unbiased and unsolicited opinion...

I think perhaps the Ibanez seems like a better guitar. Not real familiar with the 3120 per se., but I think the pricetag alone says a lot.

/Totally unbiased and unsolicited opinion...

Oh come on already, for crying out loud, why are we even comparing these two guitars? I mean seriously, unless one is trashed and the other isn't, the choice is fairly clear. Unless you just hate Ibey's. GET THE 3120!!!
I have a PRS SE Torero. It's better than most guitars I've ever played. Having said that, I've never played a 3120, and apparently it's better made and costs more, so if you don't mind the price go with that .

Go with the one YOU like the most though.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Get the Ibby
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube