Page 1 of 2
I had cut my first finger and it's a bit painful, when I play on the guitar. I tried a model cement, but I realized it's a very bad idea. Any suggestions? Should I buy some fast glue?
Yes, seal it with super glue.

Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Just put a ****ing band-aid on.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
that's what I always use when I cut my digits off
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
i think TS has been using glue for something else, if you know what i mean.

and if you don't know, i mean sniffing it to get high. that's how bad his idea is.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Grimriffer
that's what I always use when I cut my digits off

Grow back stronger everytime.
Super glue, just make sure not to get any in the wound itself.

Or man up and let it heal.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by jetfuel495
this is the dumbest thing i've read all day

don't feel bad, though, i haven't really read much today anyway.

Its not a dumb idea in the slightest.

squeeze the wound together and rub super glue over it. works just like stitches would.

^^^ You dont really understand how welding works do you???
Quote by dmiwshicldply
^^^ You dont really understand how welding works do you???

Dunno about you, but real men are made of steel.
Quote by dmiwshicldply
^^^ You dont really understand how welding works do you??

You don't really understand how joking works do you?
Quote by jetfuel495
But TS used model cement, not super glue

Maybe TS is a model!

EDIT:

Interestingly enough, some light research has revealed to me that using glue on a light cut to the skin is actually not the worst idea ever. Whoduthinkit.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 25, 2011,
Fun Fact #1:

Travis Barker regularly (or at least has in the past) uses super glue on cuts and blisters he gets from drumming.

I wanted to post a video where he talks about it with (I think) a doctor who tells him that it sounds like a bad idea, but I can't seem to find it.

Fun Fact #2:

inb4travisbarker/blink-182hatecomment

Anyways, I'd maybe suggest:

Or let it heal on it's own, or use a band-aid.
If I'm thinking right, hospitals often use some kind of glue in place of stitches now. Whether it's just straight up super glue or some kind specially made for medicinal purposes I do not know though.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by Flying Couch
Glue? Don't be a pussy. Weld that shit back together.

Solder it. Just make sure you use flux
I hate my sig
New Skin is super glue aka Krazy Glue

That stuff was used in the Vietnam war as a "second skin" and was used in place of stitches as mentioned, of course its not the better alternative but for a small cut on your finger or something it will help.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by parigod
If I'm thinking right, hospitals often use some kind of glue in place of stitches now. Whether it's just straight up super glue or some kind specially made for medicinal purposes I do not know though.

yep, they glued some wounds of mine. I don't know what it was, but it worked nicely.

And I believe super glue was used in wwII for injuries. don't quote me on that.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Paramedics will tell you that super glue as a first aid works incredibly well. Athletes use it to cover cuts in order to get back in the game quicker.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by ZILtoid_1991
I had cut my first finger and it's a bit painful, when I play on the guitar. I tried a model cement, but I realized it's a very bad idea. Any suggestions? Should I buy some fast glue?

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by ZILtoid_1991

Is that correct TS, am I reading that properly???? God almighty You don't really know how different glues work do you?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by Shawn1379
Fun Fact #1:

Travis Barker regularly (or at least has in the past) uses super glue on cuts and blisters he gets from drumming.

I wanted to post a video where he talks about it with (I think) a doctor who tells him that it sounds like a bad idea, but I can't seem to find it.

Fun Fact #2:

inb4travisbarker/blink-182hatecomment

Anyways, I'd maybe suggest:

Or let it heal on it's own, or use a band-aid.

That stuff basically is super-glue. I used to carry that in my aid-bag, but then I just started carrying superglue.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Flying Couch
Interestingly enough, some light research has revealed to me that using glue on a light cut to the skin is actually not the worst idea ever. Whoduthinkit.

It's been issued to soldiers for when they need to seal a wound and can't get proper medical attention or stitches. It's very useful.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by kurt_cobain9

Yes, and it just made it worse. I wanted to play on guitar so bad (still playing on it very difficultly because of a bandtape), so I tried...

Welding and soldering doesn't work, I'm not made from metal. I just need some covering on the wound which is better than a bandtape.
Quote by ZILtoid_1991
I just need some covering on the wound which is better than a bandtape.

Superglue some cloth over it
on time i was out camping, and sliced my hand open on a rock that i fell from.

we had some super glue, and we closed the wound up with that. sterilzed it with hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol, then pushed the skin together, super glued, then wrapped my hand up.

it worked
Quote by ZILtoid_1991
Yes, and it just made it worse. I wanted to play on guitar so bad (still playing on it very difficultly because of a bandtape), so I tried...

Welding and soldering doesn't work, I'm not made from metal. I just need some covering on the wound which is better than a bandtape.

That's the beauty of solder. You don't need to be made of metal. Just drip a little right in your wound and it will form a bond and heal right up. Kind of like Wolverine did
I hate my sig
Page 1 of 2