It's actually NPAD for me today so HNPAD to me. Anyway, it has a 7 channel powered mixer and the first 4 channels have "hi-z" on the regular input and "lo-z" on the XLR input. I know this has to do with impedence but after that I'm lost. Basically what I want to know is, can I plug my acoustic guitar and mics into the first 4 inputs or are they for something else? I am confus.
I hate my sig
I'm almost positive "Z" just means impedance, and those 4 channels will accept either a low impedance XLR connection from a mic, etc, and the high impedance connection means you can plug a guitar directly into it. It just gives you more flexibility of inputs, and what can be used on which channels, etc.

Oh, and HNpaD
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Mics into low z.

Acoustic into high z i suppose?

Well yeah, obviously. But it only says "lo-z/hi-z" on the first 4 channels and I was wondering what makes those channels different. But I guess it's ok to use them just like the rest... right?
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Well yeah, obviously. But it only says "lo-z/hi-z" on the first 4 channels and I was wondering what makes those channels different. But I guess it's ok to use them just like the rest... right?

Yeah, those first channels will accept either one. The rest will only take one or the other (depending which jack is there)
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I'm gonna take a guess here. The first 4 inputs lo/hi-z are instrument level and can accommodate a balanced lo-z XLR or an unbalanced 1/4" guitar input. The other channels are line level, which is a hotter signal.
Quote by Papabear505
what kind of Mixer is it?

Did you get it new?

Read the manual?...

Hah yup, I didn't open the manual yet but I plan to. Just though an actual human might be able to answer my question better. It's a Phonic Powerpod 740. It sounds wonderful

Edit: So I get how those first 4 channels work and it's working fine, but the last three channels each have an XLR input as well as two line inputs labeled "inputs summed A/B" Anyone know the purpose of this? I guess I'll just read the manual for any other questions I have
I hate my sig
Last edited by QuantumMechanix at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Hah yup, I didn't open the manual yet but I plan to. Just though an actual human might be able to answer my question better. It's a Phonic Powerpod 740. It sounds wonderful

Edit: So I get how those first 4 channels work and it's working fine, but the last three channels each have an XLR input as well as two line inputs labeled "inputs summed A/B" Anyone know the purpose of this? I guess I'll just read the manual for any other questions I have

It may have seemed like I was being a smart ass.. and maybe I was to a degree ... But, the manual probably would have answered all of those questions.. .AND opened up a few more... Glad it sounds good...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!