Hi, i have this old rg270 and i cant find any info on the trem. it says "licensed under floyd rose patents" but thats the only markings on it any where. with this trem you dont have to cut the ball off the strings like a normal floyd rose, sounds like a cool idea right? wrong. the balls always break off and im constantly buying new3 strings. i was wondering
1. if any one knows what this piece of shit is called?
2. can i just change the saddles to floyd rose saddles to fix the problem?
3. can I sawp it out with a differnt trem with out routing?
yes i have used google to try and find these answers. thanks for any help in advance!
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
it's just a licensed floyd rose

"licensed under floyd rose patents" bridges are ones in the air of an OFR but with slight tweaks or adjustments.

best thing to do is just put the ball end through the machine heads.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
That is a TRS 505 trem. From what I understand, those are routed the same way as an OFR, so you could just drop it in. Also, I've heard that you may need to shim the saddles because of the Ibanez neck radius.

And for the record, you should NEVER but the ball ends into the trem, even if the trem is designed to do that. Just cut them off as normal or run them though the machine head - just be aware if you run the ball end through the machine head there is a good chance that you can create a burr and that will cause the strings to snap over time.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Dempsey68
it's just a licensed floyd rose

"licensed under floyd rose patents" bridges are ones in the air of an OFR but with slight tweaks or adjustments.

best thing to do is just put the ball end through the machine heads.

Its a Speedloader from what I can tell from his post so he HAS to use the ball ends on the trem.

I have experience with a lot of LFR's and they can be hit and miss but these old ibanez have some of the worse LFR's ive seen.

I suggest replacing it with this if you do not want to spend too much money.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-BLACK-Super-Heavy-Duty-Floyd-Rose-trem-BRASS-STEEL_p_510.html
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by Darkdevil725
Its a Speedloader from what I can tell from his post so he HAS to use the ball ends on the trem.

I have experience with a lot of LFR's and they can be hit and miss but these old ibanez have some of the worse LFR's ive seen.

I suggest replacing it with this if you do not want to spend too much money.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-BLACK-Super-Heavy-Duty-Floyd-Rose-trem-BRASS-STEEL_p_510.html

Ibanez has a history of making trems that except the ball ends. It doesn't mean they are speed loaders.

and the Guitar fetish trem sucks. Just buy a real OFR or a Gotoh. Don't waste money on that other bullshit.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
i HAVE to put the ball end in the trem or it wont work lol thanks for the help im gonna replace it with an OFR
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar