So, I'm trying to figure out whether switching pickups from the EXF-5-F neck pickup/EXF-5-R bridge pickup to the Bartolini 5 string J-Bass pickups is feasible in an Ibanez SR305 5 string. Anyone know the size of the EXF pickups? Also, are there any other things that would bar me from switching them out other than size? I'm just beginning to dabble into hardware, I mainly just play. Thanks, guys.
The Bartolini´s are active ? The Ibanez are passive with an active eq, I do believe you´ll need a complete set of electronics for the Bartolinis. As far as size goes you´ll need to measure- length, width and depth to see if they´ll fit.
You don't know how to use a ruler or tape measure?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I don't have the bass on me, man. I'd have to buy it along with the pickups. Thanks, though, sstony.
Quote by Samlikenoble
I don't have the bass on me, man. I'd have to buy it along with the pickups. Thanks, though, sstony.

I don't think I follow; do you have the bass yet? It looks like the Barts are narrower, so you would have a gap if you put them in; but that is just from looking at internet pictures, since Ibanez doesn't post their pup sizes anywhere I can find. I really don't think you are going to have much luck with out actually measuring the pegs and holes, if you know what I mean.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.