Page 1 of 2
I was wondering what the pit the next main step in evolution will be like for our species. I know that a lot of you will be tempted to say that no one knows, but I'm just wondering what you think/want to come next for us.

I think that our next step in evolution will be through technical evolution rather than through physical evolution. My reasoning for this is that over time humans are becoming more reliant on technology, so it seems to me like the next step in our evolution will be brought on by ourselves. We're using technology to constantly improve our knowledge, to help us with our daily tasks, and to help us to recover from life threatening problems (Pace-makers, artificial limbs, etc.). This leads me to believe that our next step is to merge with technology in some way.

What do you guys think?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Autism

*waits for shitstorm even though it's obviously a joke*
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by FireHawk
We are all gonna grow huge horse dicks on our forehead....

Horsedick dot... mpeg?

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by zgr0826
Autism

*waits for shitstorm even though it's obviously a joke*

The most obvious would be a weaker physique due to overall laziness and not have to do much physical work. I don't know crap about this topic though.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Probably some kind of cyborg thing.

I'd be quite happy with every organ being mechanical, aside from my brain and skin..

Seems more reliable.
Quote by Csimmons1267
We all grow gills and rule the land AND the sea. The fish have had it too good for too long.

Damn fish we're coming to get you, never mind the whales those traitorous mammals!
Merging with technology seems quite far-fatched. Definitely not the "next" step in human evolution.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Possibly less of a tendency towards preferring foods high in sugar given how maladaptive that trait has become.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
humans will evolve into several different species.

1. super-nerds, physically weak but amazing minds. poor eyesight, bad skin, fairly unattractive. their minds aren't able to fix those physical problems, but with their intellect and technology they get around it.

2. muscle-heads, basically like the high school football team. super strong but dumb. i mean stereotypical caveman dumb. the females are like stereotypical cheerleaders: dumb, and bitchy, but ridiculously hot. like to beat on super-nerds, but are often enslaved by super-nerds as either beasts of burden (men) or sex slaves (women).

3. creeps, the outcasts from school. obsessed with all things morbid and weird. though they might be disliked and misunderstood, they have a remarkable ability to create all kinds of art, such as music, painting, literature, etc.

4. super-hippies, more or less weird philosopher hippie stoners. they do tons of drugs and are incredibly non-confrontational. they are also quite talented in the arts. despite the fact that nobody does anything of any real value (mainly work), they somehow manage to keep going.

5. normies, basically the regular normal people that just work menial 9-5 day jobs.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Sladey
Probably some kind of cyborg thing.

I'd be quite happy with every organ being mechanical, aside from my brain and skin..

Seems more reliable.

Sure about that? When treated properly your heart will beat around 72 times a minute every hour of your life so assuming you live to say about seventy-two, thats 2724710400 without ever stopping or breaking down. Not a lot of machines out there that can do that, especially if you consider all the varying conditions people go through in their lives.
Last edited by GNR's Fan at Oct 25, 2011,
Loss of body hair and eventually our little toe is likely.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by GNR's Fan
Sure about that? When treated properly your heart will beat around 72 times a minute every hour of your life so assuming live to say about seventy years old thats 2724710400 without ever stopping or breaking down. Not a lot of machines out there that can do that, especially if you consider all the varying conditions people go through in their lives.

but in the future machines will be superior. they won't ever break, and there will be other machines that would know in advance that they would break if they somehow did.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by frankv
Deskchair for buttocks seems more likely. I pity the moms who have to give birth to that though.

Vagina's will be massive
Quote by sam b
In 2800, humans will be born with wheels instead of legs

You mean like Super Bike!?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by GNR's Fan
Sure about that? When treated properly your heart will beat around 72 times a minute every hour of your life so assuming you live to say about seventy-two, thats 2724710400 without ever stopping or breaking down. Not a lot of machines out there that can do that, especially if you consider all the varying conditions people go through in their lives.

While I can't flaw your maths, I think you misinterpreted what I meant.

I didn't mean I want to put something in right now that would do the job. Evolution is progressive, not instant. Eventually, human organs will be deemed unreliable, as nanoscale technology allows for incredibly small robotics to fix any problems, these could be sent into a body to find and remove tumours, and to carry out repair. Although it would be much easier to repair mechanics than it would be to repair human tissue.

It's a fairly common, I think. I've definitely read about it somewhere.
Ray Kurzweil has predicted that since that while technology does not only advance expotentially over time, it also decreases in size, that we will eventually be able to program own mechanical cells inside of our bodies that will be able to reprogram our bodies and ensure health and increase life span.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
We will probably evolve to be more stupid, and be assholes.

Our resistance to cancer probably won't change much since we usually die from cancer after we've had kids.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Last edited by Gyroscope at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?

Why thank you for that picture of a monkey's ass.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I think that technology will do one of two things physically to the human race.

One: Morph our bodies into a fatty mush because we rely so much on technology to do the work for us that the physical aspect of humanity will become extinct.

or,

Two: We use the power of technology to physically advance humans to a freak like state. People have already gotten bigger, faster and stronger from technology imagine what could be in just twenty years.

So it all depends on which way humans approach technology and it's advances into the future.

I guess we'll see.

[EDIT] Also I think mentally humans are going to do some really crazy stuff. People have already advanced so much it's only a matter of time until someone actually does take over the world.
Last edited by peaches58` at Oct 25, 2011,
Quote by Sladey
While I can't flaw your maths, I think you misinterpreted what I meant.

I didn't mean I want to put something in right now that would do the job. Evolution is progressive, not instant. Eventually, human organs will be deemed unreliable, as nanoscale technology allows for incredibly small robotics to fix any problems, these could be sent into a body to find and remove tumours, and to carry out repair. Although it would be much easier to repair mechanics than it would be to repair human tissue.

It's a fairly common, I think. I've definitely read about it somewhere.

Yeah it's a future that we're already moving towards. It'll just be a lot more subtle than darth vaders huge suit or robotic organs. The less you have to replace in the body the better, so systems that can repair what we already have would be more advantages.

Wait I want a suit exactly like that with a robotic throbber
Quote by peaches58`
I think that technology will do one of two things physically to the human race.

One: Morph our bodies into a fatty mush because we rely so much on technology to do the work for us that the physical aspect of humanity will become extinct.

or,

Two: We use the power of technology to physically advance humans to a freak like state. People have already gotten bigger, faster and stronger from technology imagine what could be in just twenty years.

So it all depends on which way humans approach technology and it's advances into the future.

I guess we'll see.

That wouldn't be evolution, if it was done to you.
We'll have weaker bones, backs more suited for handling the pressure of sitting down, I would say.
DeVillains!
Page 1 of 2