I'm looking for an acoustic guitar for playing mostly acoustic punk, alternative, and general rock. My budget is up to $700, with that being the absolute limit however I'd like to keep things lower if possible. I want a quality, good sounding, reasonably loud acoustic. I'm in college now and having an electric + amp will be too much space, too loud, plus I want a new acoustic anyway.

I know nothing about acoustics, as I started on a beginner acoustic 7 years ago and switched to electric two years later and have played electric since. Thanks.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
do you prefer a brighter guitar like a taylor sound or one that's got some bass like a martin? also do you prefer a narrower or somewhat wider neck? if you mostly play electric, i'm guessing narrower.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by soul.power
I'm looking for an acoustic guitar for playing mostly acoustic punk, alternative, and general rock.
Are you sure you don't mean, "acoustic-electric" After all, college has to end sometime. No sense in opting for a retro fit on a guitar you haven't bought yet...