Poll: Is it worth it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it worth it?
That shit looks awesome for an apartment. Get it.
5 14%
Looks alright I guess
11 30%
Maybe if it were cheaper priced
9 24%
Nope, not worth it
12 32%
Voters: 37.
I love playing pool, and am pretty good at it. My dad's the only person who can still own me at playing pool, but he has placed in tournaments and shit, so that's expected.

I saw this little thing and thought "That might be bitchin' for my apartment." It's $200, but that's manageable for me at the moment. The table is 48 inches by 32 inches, a bit bigger than a typical desk for computers and shit.

Here's a video of something similar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEpDnirFIfg

What do you think, Pit? Is it worth it? Or a waste?
Last edited by The Madcap at Oct 25, 2011,
Maybe you should look into a small one in the local paper, you'd be surprised at the deals you could get or you might even get a free one if you haul it yourself.
Otherwise I think you'll be overpaying.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
If its quality hell yeah, biggest thing is what the top is made of if its some shitty MDF dont bother cause it will probably warp to fast but if its actual plywood hell ya this thing would be tits for an apartment, I have had my eye on a Free Foosball table on craigslist and one of them old dome hockey games they used to have in pubs
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Save your money and just go to a pool hall. Can at least have some drinks and socialize with different people.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Save your money and just go to a pool hall. Can at least have some drinks and socialize with different people.

Ewwwww and get raped on booze? Last time I went into a pool hall and ordered some shots it was $8 per shot of the nastiest whiskey I have drank to date, paid for Crown Royal and got some piss water crap whiskey, 4 shots cost over $40 which will easily buy you a whole bottle of crown.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Koshman32
That's part of the reason, too. I just moved to a smaller city and there's a lack of good places to go play. There's only like 2 or 3 places, that are all small as hell and shady.
It's a totally different scale and will feel completely different, and if you play alot and get used to it, it'll hurt your game on a proper sized table.

it's like comparing table tennis to tennis tennis
I have a similar one.

I love pool, but these things aren't nearly as fun. I played with it for a week and then never touched it again.

Not worth it, IMO.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
They're okay I guess, but not that worth that price. I play a lot of pool but there are loads of bars near me that have pool tables so I don't need one.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
It's a totally different scale and will feel completely different, and if you play alot and get used to it, it'll hurt your game on a proper sized table.

it's like comparing table tennis to tennis tennis

nope. I don't infact think practicing pool in a slightly different context could hurt your game in the long run, might be a bit of an adjustment period but will only make you better eventually.

That is in fact bitchen but it is overpriced
they are fun if you have lots of friends that come over so it becomes like something to do when drinking. If you don't have people over a lot then they are kinda eh. I had a really small one in my room when i was a teen and we would use it when drinking.
i would agree that $200 is too much. you can find those things used for next to nothing.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.