I have the chance to get a b-52 at-212 combo for 250 bucks! i've read many reviews about this amp and most have been good. especially for the price. i play heavy music like post hardcore and metalcore stuff and i am looking for some first hand experience reviews? any one have this thing or ever used it? how much gain does it have?

eventually id like to get a 4x12 cab to go with and later on upgrade to another head.

also i need a noise gate, overdrive, and i would like to get a power conditioner.

however i may only have enough for on of them? im guessing i should get the noise gate first right? any advice?
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
It is a decent amp for $250. I'd buy it. I personally would rather have the head over the combo. But assuming you played other amps as well and like the tone of the B52 I see no reason not to. They had some build quality issues back in the day that could bite you but I'd still risk it personally. Great cleans and br00talz
im pretty good with eq'ing an amp and all that shit, if i get the head id still need a cab though :/
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
You probably wont get a better amp for that price. I would take it. It is very versatile and has a good amount of gain. You may want an overdrive but I always prefer overdrives on any amp for metal. You can find an overdrive for $50 or maybe even less.

For a noise gate if you are on a budget I have seen plenty of Boss NS-2s go for around $50 also. It will do the job. I am not sure about the used price of an ISP Decimator but it would also be a great option. A noise gate isnt necessary if you play at bedroom levels but if you gig regularly it may be nice especially if you use an overdrive.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
You probably wont get a better amp for that price. I would take it. It is very versatile and has a good amount of gain. You may want an overdrive but I always prefer overdrives on any amp for metal. You can find an overdrive for $50 or maybe even less.

For a noise gate if you are on a budget I have seen plenty of Boss NS-2s go for around $50 also. It will do the job. I am not sure about the used price of an ISP Decimator but it would also be a great option. A noise gate isnt necessary if you play at bedroom levels but if you gig regularly it may be nice especially if you use an overdrive.

trust me i know hahaha, at high volumes and gain with an overdrive slapped on i could imagine this thing being a ringing mess without a noise gate. either an ns-2 or dec. g string would work so i could x connect if i had to
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Quote by travs2448
trust me i know hahaha, at high volumes and gain with an overdrive slapped on i could imagine this thing being a ringing mess without a noise gate. either an ns-2 or dec. g string would work so i could x connect if i had to

Yeah. The NS-2 is just fine for x connect. The G string is better but they are expensive compared to the NS-2